Were you caught, did you confess, or did you run?

by sass_my_frass 27 Replies latest jw friends

• JAVA
    JAVA

I was caught with my hand in the voting booth. My JW-spouse found out that I voted, and turned me in. I wish I would have told the elders to get lost, but didn't. I confessed to the crime of voting and was disfellowshipped. They didn't want anyone in the congregation who voted to support their kid's school levy--bad JAVA !!! What a strange cult.

• Charisma
    Charisma

I just walked away. But my family shuns me because they say if I did go back and attend, they would disfellowship me.

I think I would run if someone tried to get me to go back. I couldn't fake believing either.

• love11
    love11

Thanks chia, good now, and tijkimo! You guys are great!

Java- How could you do such a horrible thing, like trying to help those kids? LOL That's too funny! lol crazy.. crazy....

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

I confessed, got disfellowshipped, got reinstated 2 1/2 years later and then faded. It was never the same after I was reinstated because people I had known for years treated me differently, so I lost interest in attending.

• Preston
    Preston

I did a little dance....and then I glided through the KH door....

How's that for an exit?

- Preston

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Hey there...

I read your post with interest. I see that you are still attending meetings but deciding that you are at a cross roads in life and wandering which is the correct path to take. Only you can decide that. However I think the fact that you have signed up to this site and seeking answers from people who have been in the same position as yourself shows that you have some serious thinking to do. I suggest you read carefully what people have posted on this site and others. Then research for yourself independently to make sure it is in fact correct. Upon doing that I think you will find all the answers to your questions.

You have the support from the people on this board and will experience true empathy here.

And to answer your question - I'm a fader.

Miss Peaches

• Angry
    Angry

Hi!

Let me introduce myself. I am a 26 yr, old woman who was raised Jehovah's witness. I have missionaries in my family, regular pioneers and my dad is curently an elder. They have totally denounced me and i am not even disfellowshipped. I was when I was 13,14,and 16. My advice to you is get out before you get too blinded to see!

• xjwms
    xjwms

Hello Angry

welcome here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit