Do any small creatures frighten & freak you out?

by Rod P 67 Replies latest jw experiences

• simplesally
    simplesally

Eww maggots!!!! My cat died while I went away for the weekend a few years ago. I couldn't find him for days. Then finally I found him under some bushes.............and the maggots.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Well, I just have to be different I guess !

I LIKE most insects and spiders, snake and other critters.

I also respect them.

There are a few bugs that are repulsive and i don't have any use for like, roaches, lice, fire ants and ticks.

Around the home I don't like mice or rats (sorry JH !) poisonous snakes or spiders. All others are welcome .

If I find poisonous types -- if at all safely possible I will catch them and take 'em for a ride out in a pasture and let 'em go.

(Git along lil dogie)

Most snakes are and spiders are non-poisonous. Educate yourself and your 'fear factor' will be a lot more in control, which is a good thing. Most people fear critters, because, it's the 'fear of the unknown'.

AND, chocolate covered Bees are delicious. Maggots have more protein than beef (haven't tried them yet), crickets are kind of 'gamey', but, grasshoppers (especially if they've been raiding my herb garden) taste great...pull off the back legs, freeze 'm. When you get enough...saute' 'em in clarified butter and olive oil with garlic until crunchy -- add a little sherry. Enjoy !

What...? They're g o o d !

Rabbit

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

Simple Sally..you reminded me of the time my girfriends husband broke his leg in a motorcycle accident.
    He had a wreck and the bone came through the leg and made a big hole.

They had to operate and put a pin in it but when they put a cast on it they had to leave a opening so it would get air and heal where the hole was.
    Well his leg was itching so bad and swelling up in the cast they had to remove it! (You know where I'm going with this?)

Yep...he had maggots in the hole!..They were eating the decayed flesh in the hole in his leg.
    They cleanned the sore out and put a fresh cast on it..
    I have to agree..they are pretty gross!

Snoozy...who will NEVER eat at Rabbits house!

• hippikon
  • Rabbit
  • Mac
    Mac

I'm skeeered of rabbits...

It's a Monty Python thang!

mac, I'll bite yer knees off class

• Rod P
    Rod P

Okay Rabbit!

I can usually handle a lot, but in your case, forget it!!!

Ughhhh!

Rod P.

• Rod P
    Rod P

My "common law wife" of 19+ years tells me to tell all you folks about her favorite:

Salamanders- particularly the ones that are all black with yellow dots on their backs. Her mom and grandmother told her they were "bad" because to touch them meant that she would have nothing but "girls" when she had children. Wouldn't you know it, she had 2 girls, and no boys. I guess they were right in their predictions, eh??!!!

Rod P.

• Harpy
    Harpy

Well, I keep and breed snakes and lizards so not afraid of them.. I also keep mice and rats to feed the snakes..have also kept them as pets. Do NOT care for wild ones as they care too many diseases.

I CANT stand cockroaches as I was raised in a roach infested home and they give me the creeps. I have a small phobia of anything that buzzes around my head, bees, wasps, large flies etc..BUT I am not afraid of getting stung..just hit in the face(has to do with childhood trama). I can do without spiders, but I no longer grab the swatter to kill them...I let my cats do that...lol I have actually SET THEM FREE....GO figure..

AND then there are the Jehovah's NitWits that buzz around my door and try to invade my life, as they have done in the past....Of course, they are sent to me by my JW Mother..Not afraid of, but still bugs me..

FRANKLY, I WOULD RATHER TOUCH A COCKROACH THEN A JW...

Harpy

• lilbit
    lilbit

I can handle just about anything except ticks. Everytime I get a tick out in the woods I get sooooooooo grossed out and I end up having nightmares about ticks crawling on me for days.

lilbit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit