Daily reading book-don't know the formal name.

by wordlywife 27 Replies latest jw friends

• wordlywife
    wordlywife

I haven't picked up any publication of my husband's for a long time. This morning I was up early, and decided to take a look at today's reading, as the book is always on the kitchen table. Sorry I don't remember the name of the book (Daily Reading??). Then I looked at Monday and Tuesday as well. Nothing but gloom and doom, and even a "how thrilling it will be when Jehovah begins armegeddon and destroys.............."

If this is how his day starts, reading how awful things are and how thrilling it will be when it is destoyed, what a crummy way to start the day. Not for me says worldly wife......

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

It's the "Daily Text", and it usually begins with a scripture, followed by a snippet from one of last year's Watchtowers. You gotta keep the indoctrination at the top of your mind when you go out for the day, because normality is contagious. You don't want to catch anything.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Examining the scriptures daily - I think.

• wordlywife
    wordlywife

Aha Crumpet that is the one, thanks! Nothing upbuilding about it at all, to me. But I only read a few days' worth of entries. That was enough.

Worldly wife-

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Maybe you can throw it out accidentally on purpose with the trash!

• wordlywife
    wordlywife

Tee hee, I'd be in big trouble if I did that! I could blame it on demons, perhaps?

• luna2
    luna2

Do you have a pet? "The dog ate it!" is always a good one. LOL

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

"how thrilling it will be when Jehovah begins armegeddon and destroys.............."

Or, put another way, "how thrilling it will be when God kills everybody except the management and volunteer sales force of the Watchtower Publishing and Real Estate Development Corporation....."

• wordlywife
    wordlywife

Exactly, DanTheMan. How thrilling to see see a vengeful and wrathful God destroy everything , and how smug can one feel thinking you will be spared? I read that and felt sick. Thrilling? Eeeesh.

Oh and I do have a cat, maybe she'll have a hairball go awry and land on the "daily" book.

Worldly wife

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I read it everyday... I couldn't afford a Dilbert calender so I just get ny daily laugh from that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit