A disturbing phone call

by jaffacake 15 Replies latest jw friends

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Best wishes Jeff. I wish the world had more friends like you.

Kwin

• talesin
    talesin

Hope your surgery goes well today.

I have a good feeling about this, you will be able to help your friends.

tal

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

jaffacake-

What kind of surgery?I'm a nurse, so I understand your apprehension!! It's not usually as bad as you imagine!! Good Luck!

After I ran away from home and the JWs, I went to my dad's and stepmom's. My stepmom "studied" with them for a month to understand why I was so screwed up. That's all it took her. I hope you can make a difference.

shelley

• wiegel
    wiegel

seems to me i remember hearing the scripture A LOT about how jehovah does not forget the good that you have done in his name (always applied to the field service). how they differ from their god - use you up and kick you to the curb - all the while holding david the fallen one up as an example of great faith. no wonder i started to lose my mind...holy crap....none of it makes any sense. they are disturbingly cruel - and yes i am one of those who was kind to disfellowshipped people. having been there myself i knew the horror of it -

they are a 6 million person judge and jury show - so clear now - oh so clear -

trudy

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Thanks all for the good wishes, I'll keep it brief cos Im supposed to rest my eyes. Surgery was to deal with complications from previous retinal detachment surgery. I am mending fast thanks.

Thanks too for the compliments, although I dont really deserve them just for caring about lifelong friends, all of you would do the same.

Your support really does help when it seems too difficult. the hardest part is the barriers to communication. I know that if only I could spend an hour a week with my friends I could gradually expose the falsehood of their truth. That may be my new strategy, to seek bible study with them - they will both be baptised next month.

• outnfree
    outnfree

Jaffacake, good to know you're mending well from Wednesday's surgery. :)

It's so nice to read about friends like you who are truly concerned for this family's welfare! Have you thought about having an intervention with all the parties? Sort of like one a family would do for an alcoholic whose behavior is impacting every near and dear one? Would the 16 year old be willing to speak up on how she REALLY feels about her parents' conversion and the effect it will have on her life? Would the grandma attend? Could you script it to reach their hearts? What is the main thing that attracted them to the Witnesses? Could their family and friends provide it, if they only knew what it was?

Just thinking out loud here...

Good luck!

outnfree

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit