A disturbing phone call

by jaffacake 15 Replies latest jw friends

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

I took a call from my best friends son tonight. I am his godfather and watched him grow but I am his dads friend (calls me uncle) and thats the first time he ever phoned me. He has just been offered a job where I work. He opened up to me about the way his parents have very little time for him and his brother since becoming JWs, or even his new baby son. He is deeply hurt. He was also upset that his mother has hardly visited her own eldery mum during a recent illness, too busy knocking on strangers doors. He's mostly concerned about his 16 year old sister who also attends KH with mum and dad.

I told him that I am now studying with witnesses with a purpose - to try to influence his parents, and he was heartened to learn I was on his side. I want to help this family whom I have known all my life. I am so angry tonight. I must calmly review my tactics.

I won't be posting for a few days as I have to go in for some surgery tomorrow (I'm such a coward!). I'll be thinking about all the help you have given me and how I might put the advice I get to good use for this young man and his family. I had hardly heard of the Watchtower last summer. This is all like a bad dream. Take care all, I will be in touch next week.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

JaffaCake you seem like a good friend to have. This poor guy sounds lost and hurt and confused. I am sure you have been very reassuring for him. Have you thought of pointing him towards JWD for support as well?

I wish you well in your surgery and look forward to reading more of your posts when you return...

Take Care,

Miss Peaches

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

all the best with the surgery

• Preston
    Preston

Good luck Jaffa...

you're cool man... take a swig of whisky before they operate on ya

- Preston

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Thanks all.

Miss Peaches, this lad does not have internet access, but I will invite him to my home with his partner and baby, also his younger brother. I will show him this site and we will talk subtle strategies. Perhaps I can provide the right seeds for the sons to plant!? See ya all soon.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Best wishes Jaffa~ for your plans to help and for your surgery!!! Update us when you can, please...

~Merry

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Best wishes jaffacake. Get well soon!

• eljefe
    eljefe

Another example of how JW's tear families apart. You are a JW or nothing at all.

• Dustin
    Dustin

You seem like a really good guy. I wish you the best on your surgery.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

What are you getting sugery for???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit