What does a PO do?

by Shawn 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

With all due respect, some of you folks are plain full of shit.

~Hill

• FairMind
    FairMind

hillbilly, are you a PO? lol

• Purza
    Purza

My dad was the PO when I was DF'd as a teenager. I didn't get special treatment (yes, I did expect some), as I believe there was a power struggle going on in the hall at that time between the elders. My dad never did step down though. He LOVED being the PO. He wasn't directly involved with the JC, but being the PO he was told what occured.

Purza

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

PO = Pissed Off. A PO is one who pisses off others and who is easily pissed off by others.

{Mostly Kidding}

• kls
    kls

Hi Shawn , how are you doing? I hope your mind has settled a little

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

PO = Presiding Over-beer

they also do a couple of other things around the hall. for example they sweep. but it's more of the sweeping scandals involving their kids under the rug, etc.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

po is not rotated...but it should be...as should all the positions

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

My old Po has been in position for nearly 10 years now..after the Death of a highly respected Elder.

Also with "respect" Hillbilly...your living up to your name.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

Shawn,

The PO is the ring leader at your local kindumb hall, and he does preside over kangaroo courts JC's. The PO's family always gets special treatment because kissing up to the powerful cong family may have it's benefits. The PO's kids have it bad in the sense that they are expected to be perfect and set an example, as if it wasn't hard enough being a dub kid already......so they are heavily scrutinized. On the flip side they do generally get special treatment in regards to their bad deeds needing to be covered up to save face, every once in a while you do get a PO that insists on no special treatment for thier kids, but it's rare. My understanding is that the PO position is not rotated at this present time. The PO should not be part of the BOE for his kids appointments or JC's.

DL76

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster

Have you noticed PO sounds phoenetically similar to BO, as in body odor? Is it because they stink, in both senses of the word?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit