What does a PO do?

by Shawn 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Shawn
    Shawn

What exactly does a PO do? What is he resonsible for? Does he have any part in DFing? Thanks.

• minimus
    minimus

He's the number one man in charge of making sure the congregation runs smoothly. He is a "Society" man and he does not necessarily get directly involved in specific judicial meetings, as in being a member of the committee, but he is involved in the preliminary processes.

• Shawn
    Shawn

Is he alone in the position? Is there more than one PO to a con? What if the Po's son was going to go before a JC? What would happen?

• minimus
    minimus

Only 1 PO per cong. The PO's son is "supposed" to not get any special treatment. The PO could suggest that another qalified elder deal with the situation. Certainly, HE shouldn't be involved.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Shawn,

What if the Po's son was going to go before a JC? What would happen?

Most likely (99.9% chance) he would get special treatment. Unless he really offended some of the elders on the committe,,which would seal his fate as doomed to be DF'd. Committees of elders to handle judicial matters are usually grossly incompatent, mostly their concerns are dictated by the Governing Body (a bunch of old men set in thier ways that should have been retired due to thier lack of clear thinking). Most if not all committees, disreguard Jesus word about not judging thier nieghbor, and are hypocrisy in action.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Presiding Overseer: A CO wannabe candidate that polices shepherds the flock of 'god' (WTBTS's flock) and makes sure the sheep are kept in line a spiritual desert paradise. The PO will sell save his own family to further his advancement kingdom interests.

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

in my opinion, it's basically an old fart with his gossipy busy body wife. their old congo got sick of their b.s. so they sent them packing to other congos to lay the law down or whatever the hell they do...

all in all......it's crap.

luv, kitty

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

If its anything like my old PO,he will get Drunk regularly and over eat.

...and yes his Kids most assuredly get special treatment if they are guilty of wrongdoing.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly
    Presiding Overseer: A CO wannabe candidate that polices shepherds the flock of 'god' (WTBTS's flock) and makes sure the sheep are kept in line a spiritual desert paradise. The PO will sell save his own family to further his advancement kingdom interests.

Actually, all the "PO" does is chair meetings....he has no more voice or vote, so to speak , than any other member of the body. The Chair rotates so all the elders get a shot at it. Annually, If memory serves.

Bombastic PO's are usually the product of the members who mistakenly think the poor sap has some special power...or they are just naturally born to be pricks.

As far as "PO's" kids gettin' any special breaks... I am sure that kind of thing happens. What I observed over the 20 years I was in RELATIVES and clans within the congregations could put a lot of pressure on elders or outright hide the actions of misbehavers.

I was the PO's kid and I can assure you the only "special" treatment I ever got was under the microscope of the Rank and File. I couldnt spit on the street without scrutiny and frankly that, sucked.

Elders are not imune to power -rushes or feelings of entitlement any more or less than any other volunteer board member. Check out your local Lions Club, Rotary, VFW, or any other not-for-profit group---you will see the same behaviors and ego-posturing that elders do. Sorry... as much as I despise the WTBTS elder's and their behaviour is just HUMAN NATURE...nothing more or less....

They just think it's GOD's Will. I know some good men who were elders... Most are not now.

Some are still stuck in... I pray they get out like I did. We should keep in mind it's the Society that's rotten and it causes folks to do strange things... It's a mind- control, high order cult for Jesus' sake.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

All the the points in the above posts are right on the money. The PO is the number one scoundrel, he has the final say on much of the bad, that "goes on behind close doors -Charlie Rich". It's a position that is vied & jockeyed for, and sought after. Once the holy spirit non-stop brown-nosing appoints one to that position, it's nearly impossible to be extracted from. Quite lofty you might say.

Also the "99.9%" point made, that, the PO family would have preferential treatment. You can count on it. Again (as i've said it before) what's good for the goose/sheep is not the same for the PO/gander family. They make their own rules as they go along. I have see it countless times.

Oh one other thing, He is the ultimate delegator/you do the crap work, I'm the PO

This is what I had seen in my 25 years. Powermongers in suitcoats & ties. I know it sounds harsh, but If the wing-tip fits wear it.

Dismembered

"Gimme back my hat, ya punk"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit