What do you think of justice in the UK?

by dmouse 31 Replies latest jw friends

• dmouse
    dmouse

There was a horrible story about a special-needs teacher this month who was subject to a campaign of violence and intimidation from local youths. The police ignored her repeated requests for action and in desperation, when she again saw her car being vandalised, she ran out brandishing an air-pistol to scare the yobs off. She was promptly arrested and sentenced to six months in prison. This was a woman who had served the community faultlessly and selflessly all her life and was pushed beyond endurance. And when she tried to solve the problem herself the system came down on her like a ton of bricks.

Justice in this country is really going to the dogs, with the courts and police system going after easy targets rather than the real criminals. If you are prepared to put your hands up and admit to doing something you shouldn't have then you are doomed, they throw the book at you. But if you are a hardened criminal then all you have to do is lie - 'weren't me Guv', and the system is powerless and you get off.

Soon the prisons will be full of people who forgot to recycle their glass bottles while the serial muggers will be roaming the streets unafraid of the law.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

What justice system? I think its crap. Sentencing is laughable. There's far to much emphasis on rehabilitation for criminals and not enough emphasis on plain punishment. No wonder people take the law into their own hands, not that I condone it.

However I heard a story a while back where a man (if you can call him that) had molested a primary school aged little girl. He was put in prison and out after 2 and a half years on good behaviour. HELLO! Good effin behaviour - only because there were no kids in prison could his behaviour be called good. Anyway he got out and stalked the little girl and managed to sexually assault her again. This time the father and the friends didnt wait for justice - they knocked at this blokes door and shot him, which was a lot better than he deserved. No one saw anything or heard anything and the police closed the case, equally disgusted with the pathetic sentencing in this company.

I think the kiddiefiddler got justice in the end, but no thanks to the UK courts at all.

• Gill
    Gill

There is very little justice

at all in the UK.

It's a free for all for criminals and the police are powerless to do anything but put up speed traps and annoy people who are carefully riding their bikes on the pavement (I know it's not allowed but...) anyway, carefully riding their bikes on the pavements so as not to run over by the mobile phone using drivers who they can't be bothered to stop.

With serious crime, you needn't even bother reporting rape, it's unlikely to be successfully prosecuted.

Don't bother expecting a visit for two weeks if you're burgled, mugged, attacked, the police are at Mac Donalds.

Personally, the law and justice system stinks. It's let's be nice to criminals land, not England anymore.

If the bloody useless government is not careful, vigil antism will become the norm because THERE IS NO JUSTICE HERE!

Thugs and young yobs in peak caps and tracksuits rule the streets and heaven help anyone who happens to get in their way, or even attempts to defend themselves should they be attacked.

I was in Sainsburys the other day and the cashier was telling me about her daughter who was suspended from school. A very large lad at school tried to pull her trousers down. She fought him off and pulled his trousers down.

She was suspended and he received counselling for his trauma.

The person behind me said that his daughter had just received a police caution for punching a boy in the face at school who was trying to pull her trousers off with his friend helping him. She defended herself and broke his nose and got a caution and a five year police record.

Nothing happened to the two boys.

Ladies, get your shot guns out because in the UK any sexual assault is prosecuted, that is the victim is if she doesn't allow the attack to take place so that the police have a nice juicy story to listen to!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Ahhh, remember the good old days when you could transport them to New South Wales!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

LOL at ozziepost - well what you have posted - it could not and would not happen in Arizona or Texas - no sir.

• Mary
    Mary

If it's any consolation, the same kind of "justice" goes on over here in Cana-duh too. Best example is the upcoming release of that rotten bitch Karla Homolka, who helped her sick, wacko husband, Paul Bernardo, sexually torment and murder young women including her own sister. Her stinking scumbag of a lawyer purposely withheld the videotape evidence proving that Karla was no "victim of domestic violence" like she tried saying, but that she fully participated in these horrific acts without any remorse whatsoever. By the time the courts found out about the video tapes, they had already made "a deal with the devil" and gave her only 12 years. In my opinion, she and her husband are the poster children as to why Canada needs the dealth penalty.

As for the Special Needs teacher in England---I say someone should needs to get all the British tabloids on the backs of the cops that wouldn't help this woman. They need to harass them like they used to harass Princess Diana---follow them everywhere they go. People need to start a petition about the injustice of this poor woman going to prison for something as stupid as that............unbelievable!!

Ozzie said: Ahhh, remember the good old days when you could transport them to New South Wales!

Acutally, some ancestor of mine had that very thing happen to him........they were poor as church mice and he got caught "poaching a rabbit on his Lordship's estate" to feed his starving family. As if that big fat Lord was gonna eat the rabbit. .......anyway, my great-great-great-great-great grandfather, or something like that, got his thievin' butt transported to Australia for his "crime"......we've got relatives down there somewhere to this very day!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

And we were very glad to get him! He probly became Prime Minister?

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

I agree with you Dmouse.I think some Coppers are just literally scared to do any real Police Work because they may get hurt!That seems to be the way round my area anyway.

They show a great reluctance to turn up to investigate muggings,assaulte etc...but you watch these Idiots in high vis jackets persecuting the average Motorist!Also does it really take 5 or 6 Policemen/women to check Peoples tax discs as they come off the local Dual-carriageway??

This really winds the normal populace up and when they also keep seeing injustice upon injustice taking place in this Country its little wonder People have lost faith in the UK justice system.

..and i havent even started ranting about Judges in this Country!

• dmouse
  • scotsman
    scotsman

Can Linda Walker's case really be held as an example of the quality of the judiciary? I'm not sure. While I think the sentence was disproportionate, I would also describe her action as the same.

The low conviction rate of rape cases can not be entirely blamed upon either the police or the CPS. Having recently been part of a jury for a rape case that would only convict the defendant of sexual assault when he confessed to having sex with her, albeit consensual, I have grave doubts about the justice meted out by your peers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit