was your cong like out of a chapter of Peyton Place?

by littlerockguy 21 Replies latest jw friends

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

The Days of the elders................

Our elders were kinda like Stephano Demira (days of our lives)--they manipulated, conned,coerced, threatened, etc......everyone that didn't have the exact same viewpoints. There were about 10 of us within a few years of age. They dictated to us--our parents how we could dress, who we could talk to or not, classes to take at school, activities we could or not participate in. I got a "puzzle coupon" valentine in jr. high school. OH MY GOD--elder's meetings.......

One of the older elder's wife was "grooming" one of my friends to take her place if she should ever die. How to fix his drinks, food, etc. Yes, even in bed. He was finally removed from his position, 6 years after this started. My stepdad was a MS, and molesting me till I ran away from home--and my mom knew.

plus alot of what has already been described!!!!!!!

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

During my "fade", the cong. I attended was merged into two other congs. I might have attended 2 or 3 meetings at the new one and never went again. Found out about a year later that the PO there was DF'd for doing the "hump" with someone. Never knew who the other consenting person was though!

HappyDad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit