was your cong like out of a chapter of Peyton Place?

by littlerockguy 21 Replies latest jw friends

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

No real immorality but terrible, terrible gossip!!

I tell you these people would rip everyone to shreds while they were out in service. Imagine, counting time while catching up on the latest gossip!

The thing that really bothers me though is this: they feel that their preaching work is a "white wash" for all the other things so therefore they are okay. It covers a multitude of sins. They will not admit this.

In this regard they are no different from the ancient pharisees.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I was in 3 different ones and only one of them had real issues. It was like being in a WT Study on 'Babylon the Great' instead of 'Joe Hoba's spiritual pair-o-dice.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Roger that Longhairgal.

Adventures in the field service CARRYING ON IN THE CAR-GROUP; Sexual harrasment,sanctified by {S+M} 'sacred service'.OR Consecrated gossip. The Elder known as the "stupid" Elder,(Jeffery Damher look alike),( but don't forget,he's still 'apointed by the Holy spirit') Asked me;..." Have YOU BEEN OUT WITH THE SISTERS YET"??? Hmmm,I wonder what that's suppose to mean??? Actually,my first take was that it's a sexual connotation of some sort..... I should have known something was up when getting out to the parking lot the 'sisters' where perched and hovered, like birds of prey. The first thing they let me know,is," sisters rule, brothers drool ".This is followed up by,'the obnoxious sister who acts like a teenager;[man eater slut] Letting me know she is on her period so, I can calculate when her 'horny' day will be. Listen up. If you are a 'pioneer sister' you are not Mother Teresa,you are typhoid Mary. Sickened

• delilah
    delilah

Holy Mary mother of God.....and I thought it happened only in my KH.....There was an elder, who took to "counselling" a young, married sister, different ones noticed the attention they paid to each other at EVERY function. A brother mentioned it to another elder....turns out, elder #1 has a sordid affair for over 2 years, while elder #2 is meeting with 2 different sisters, one of which was my relative. Enter elder #3, who is also after my relative, and goes after her in the parking lot at the KH. Elder #1 finally gets DF'd, after denials for 2 years. Elder#2 absolutely DENIES everything, has to step down tho', seems he was drunk with a DA'd brother, hubby of one of the women he was messing with. Elder #3 gets private reproof, and the rest is swept under the rug. Very loving congregation it seems......

Dee

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Pretty boring....most of the "fun" folks left on their own.

~Hill

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Danny:

They don't think they are typhoid marys - they think they are great!

Same thing with the pio. brothers. In fact, they are more stuck up than the sisters. They could be ugly and have $2 dollars to their name and own one cheap suit - but all they had to do was be breathing and somebody would be after them. I remember meeting several many years ago over different people's houses. One was absolutely crazy and I could see why he was single. Another was conceited even though he was homely. I guess they made him feel like he was god's gift!!

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

To:Longhairgal I stand corrected, the ass'whole' brothers 'R jealous cause im out with the sisters. Envious

• scotsman
    scotsman

No, my congregation was more like The League of Gentleman.

• Buster
    Buster

Lets see if the Franklin, MA cong can give Wanderlustguy a run for his money:

1. MS hires an out-of-work married Elder to remodel his bathroom, new fixtures, tongue-in-groove woodwork, nice. Elder and MS' wife fall in love. When he was not nailing the tongue-in-groove he was ... you get the idea. Both couples divorce, five children and exes all still attend the same hall.

2. MS gets DF's for having relations with his teenage daughter. Those people were the most damnably judgemental know-it-alls in the cong. Mother (I can't prove it, but I feel strongly that she knew about it.) would always be criticizing the teenagers about something or other. (I wish this was the only such case at that hall - but it wasn't)

3. Elder (married with five young boys) caught on a business trip, booked into a room with his Administrative Assistant. I'm sure ole Jimbo felt he was 'servicing where the need was greater'.

4. Can't be Peyton Place without gorgeous women. To this day I have never seen a collection of better-looking women - stunning - the teenage girls, their mothers, a whole row of 'em.

5. Of course, any time you get 15 to 20 teenagers in a group there is going to be some ... tension. We had plenty of that.

• hartstrings
    hartstrings

I grew up in the same cong. I remember praying for God's will to be done and the injustice to be brought out. Of course, I thought I was being punished for all the making out I did with the sisters in my hall. We were all 13-15 and would have slumber parties where we would go at it under the covers. Of course, these girls (found out later) were victims of sexual abuse at the hands of their fathers who had privileges in the cong.

The curcuit I lived in as an adult was so rife with political adultry it was a laugh and a half. The money you slid the CO under the table was equal to the amount of "privileges" you got at assemblies, etc. I look back at this and laugh at why I even cared. But I was so torn inside. I couldn't rectify why I could belong to something that proported to be run by God yet was so very, very wrong.

Do you know what made me cry at every assembly, and I kid you not. I would cry when they would have experiences because they would use the same exact politically-connected individuals to tell their experiences on stage. All I could think about was the sweet, dear sisters who humbly trudged away every day (despite old age and failing health) and had faithfully believed and yet nobody acknowledged their contribution because they were too poor to give under the table or didn't have the right husband or father.

I'm feeling sad; off to scrounge up some chocolate...

HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit