CO's talk: "Those who leave the truth say they've never been happier"

by truthseeker 78 Replies latest jw friends

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

You should see how many problems and nitpicking kind of accusations are happening in the 6 or 9 congregations in my county!

People here don;t solve problems with their brother like Jesus said, they always have to run to the elders!

Also, the people that preached to my mom promised she would never die (you know the A word plus the new world order) these are

all dead now!

• upside/down
    upside/down

It's a classic win win sitch for the Dubs...

If someone leaves the bOrg and has a rough go of it.... see what happens to those who leave da troof (evidence of no blessings from Jah and perhaps an attack form Satan himself.)

If someone leaves and has an easy go of it.... see what happens to those who leave da troof (Satan blesses them and they no longer carry their "cross")

What warped reasoning... "No pain no gain"..... or perhaps more accurately "No pain, no brain".

u/d

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    1. mentally ill, can't help it
    2. elderly with no other social connections, no other choice
    3. the "trapped" ones, who don't want to lose their family ties
    4. the bullies who love herding them all around

wiegel - I would add one small caveat to #4 - those who wish to be among the bullies, the ones trying to climb the corporate Watchtower ladder to 'spiritual success' as elders, CO's, DO's, Bethelites, ect. In other words those who still want to measure spirituality with position. They are still R&F but have 'goals' of moving up in rank.

Other than that you hit the nail on the head!!!

Jeff

• steve2
    steve2
    the pot is boiling down. the only ones who can possibly remain are:

1. mentally ill, can't help it
    2. elderly with no other social connections, no other choice
    3. the "trapped" ones, who don't want to lose their family ties
    4. the bullies who love herding them all around

Hey there Trudy,

Your concise statement is one of the best summations I have ever read on why the Watchtower endures despite its proudly self-defeating outlook.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

wiegel - I would add one small caveat to #4 - those who wish to be among the bullies, the ones trying to climb the corporate Watchtower ladder to 'spiritual success' as elders, CO's, DO's, Bethelites, ect. In other words those who still want to measure spirituality with position. They are still R&F but have 'goals' of moving up in rank.

This kind will backstab anyone in order to get their goal!

They will call the elders' attention to every little stupid thing to get their attention

I know such one that not only is accepting about 4-5 responsibility positions (ex: literature servant, territ, etc) but

will try to get more by telling the elders everytime the other brother is not doing it good enough!

• Big Dog
  • diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    I don't know how uniform CO talks are, but I'm guessing that all CO's use the same manuscript.

I heard this same talk over a decade ago; maybe they get it out when the going is tough for JW numbers and attendance; back then it was the massive shift on the understanding of 1914 and the fallout from that, now its the preemptive strike against the UN, Child Abuse and other like subjects which is causing a significant fallout too.

I agree with most on the site with regards this subject; if you leave and have problems its god not blessing you anymore; if you leave and your happy then satan is blessing you; If you are in the truth and you are happy then you are not doing something right....cant believe we fell for this bullshit I really cant.

So they openly support being oppressed, downtrodden and feeling the pinch and the they do this because unhappy people are easier to manipulate than happy ones...simple as.

DB74

• heathen
    heathen

Good point diamondblue1974 . What did jesus say ? He said that when people see the signs of his presence they should lift up their heads and rejoice because their deliverance is near . In fact the worse the world conditions are and such the more likely it is going through the tribulation . Now the WTBTS has it so that if you aint miserable while being a dub you aint doing something right , what a friggen joke . True there will be persecution and such but that should not get a true believer depressed .

• Honesty
    Honesty

True there will be persecution and such but that should not get a true believer depressed .
    Exactly. Look at the record in Acts. All the Christians had joy in serving the Lord no matter what happened to them and they still do today.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit