When you see a JW or two on the street, do you ignore them or speak tothem?

by Rod P 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Rod P
    Rod P

Most of the time I just walk on by. I just can't be bothered, and they are not going to believe what I say anyway. Besides, should I tell them I am disfellowshipped, which may scare them away? If I don't tell them my status, am I being dishonest?

A couple of times, when I saw them, it triggered a lot of bad memories from the past, and I went up and told them that their religion had destroyed my family, and so many others. They stood there in silence, with a kind of stunned look on their faces.

Afterwards, I felt pretty guilty, and even sorry for them. Kind of like I had condemned them, instead of the Organization they served that caused all this misery. They were just individuals doing what they thought they were supposed to be doing, so why blame them?

What do you do, and how do you feel about it?

Rod P.

• kls
    kls

I totally ignore them ,i have nothing to say and they have nothing i want to hear.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I just ignore them.

I would rather leave them in their perpetual state of depression caused by being ignored by everyone than give them any excitement from talking to someone.

• Quotes
    Quotes

Hhhhmmm.... good question.

If I *ever* see them on the street, I'll have to decide.

Haven't seen them (in street work) in 10 years, though. So much for their "urgent message" and "one billion hours" of work.

Hypothetically, I think if they went out of their way to speak to me, I would respond. I wouldn't reveal my complete history, but would say (truthfully) that I've know several friends and coworkers over the years and then ask them a stumper question.

Another question is: would I accept magazines? On the one hand, it would provide comedy and amusement. On the other hand, it would perpetuate the survival of the publishing company. Tough choice.

~Quotes, of the "Doesn't STREET WORK sound like prostitution?" class

• adelmaal
    adelmaal

I have not seen them in quite some time. If I did I might say hello as I would any other individual on the street but that's as far as I would go. If they wanted to speak to me regarding God or the Bible I would probably politely let them know that I already have a personal relationship with God and Jesus based on the Bible and I do not feel the Bible encourages us to base our salvation on the teachings of a manmade organization.

• Ex-Dub MS
    Ex-Dub MS

I just chuckle to myself.

I mean...what have they done to me? Drawn a chalk outline on the ground and said, "This is your prison." It's only as real as I care to make it.

I'm free to do as I please. I'm not bound by their law. But I'm not gonna disrespect their point of view either.

I just smile.

If they know me and say Hello, I welcome them back.

If they don't and say hello, I smile broader and say, "Sorry, I'm disfellowshipped."

Doesn't mean I"m sorry for ME.

• teela(2)
    teela(2)

If going to door to door I tell them to make sure i am still on the "Do not call" list. If the are on there own If I liked them I will stop and talk, if I didn't I don't. They don't ignore me as in the pass I have call them out in public and made a scene, in one case they ran out of the shop. They have stop saying s***t like they can't wait until armagenon as I point out it seems a little late. So its all light and chatty. I always make a point of saying how life is great and everything is going well.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

I ask them questions, usually about disfellowshipping and how hard it must be to maintain their field service schedule while supporting themselves, or other leading questions that I know they cannot answer. The goal for me is not to prove anything or make a stand...but plant a question that sticks. If just one leaves after a snowball effect started by it...I did my part.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I always speak to them and have NEVER HAD A JW REFUSE TO TALK TO ME, EITHER.

Did you get that Governing Body?

Your wicked and evil rules are being violated by the JW's in the Knoxville, TN. area because your control tactics are beginning to be seen for what they are... to keep innocent people from learning that the WT Jesus is NOT the Jesus of the bible.

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

I suppose it would depend on which ones I saw. If it was someone who had been unkind to me in the past I might ignore or embarrass them....depending on if I have PMS or not...just kidding.

But if the person was nice and respectful to me than I would be nice to them and say hello then move along.

Usually if they recognize me they do the whisper point thing....Sheesh! Grow up Dubs!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit