Men need to know their place...

by wanderlustguy 41 Replies latest social relationships

• upside/down
    upside/down

Terry- altough amusing, insightful and on the average true... I must say...

I'm nothing like the men you mentioned in your essay....NOTHING!

So does that make me a freak of nature...?

u/d (of the put on this planet to love and serve women class)

• love11
    love11

Apparently....all embryos start out as female and after a few months the baby will then either form a penis or keep it's original female anatomy. And the female sperm is alot stronger then the male sperm. Also, most males are not as advanced scholastically as females in the pre-school and kindergarden ages. In later years, most men need more time before they start a family. Every nurse that has ever poked me with a needle always says, 'it seems like the women can handle this alot better then the men'.

Even with all that I still don't see that one gender is superior over another. I just think that we all bring a little something different to the table. Even though my daughter is smarter than my son, I still love them both because they bring a different dynamic to the family. I'm not sure if the bible is the cause of male aggression towards women. My daughter loves everything and tries to even care for bugs! My son is always practicing his fighting skills. I think it's in the male body to conquer, and when there is no constructive outlet for that, then sometimes they want to conquer their women. It's too bad they don't see the weakness in that. A man or woman's place is just being the best version of you that you can be.

Love- IMO

• upside/down
    upside/down

I've said this before...

If women are so damn tough why can't they kill a spider?

If men are so damn tough how come we need our "mommies" at the slightest sign of being "sick"?

Get over it... we're made for each other... I for one love the difference... one reason I could never be gay (the whole nutsack thing...Gumby's right)

u/d (of the love the one you're with class)

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

They sell themselves short. They agree to work for less. They refuse to hold out for better and best. They settle; for weak men, inferior economic status and the burden of motherhood without an equal concession from the men. And, even when men do AGREE; they don't keep their end of the bargain.

That isn't always the case I have seen; especially with married women. Married women can hold out for a bigger salary and benefits since they have a husband from which they can get benefits or vice versa and single women can take advantage of alimony or child support and social programs, AFDC (welfare), rental assistance, etc. so they don't always have to work and they can negotiate better salaries than single men who have to either work or starve to death so they have to take whatever a company will give them when competition for employment is high.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

If it is such a male dominated work environment, why have I always had a female boss or supervisor and never a male one and I have had various jobs for 21 years now.

• love11
    love11
    single women can take advantage of alimony or child support and social programs, AFDC (welfare), rental assistance, etc. so they don't always have to work and they can negotiate better salaries than single men who have to either work or starve to death so they have to take whatever a company will give them when competition for employment is high.

First of all, not all single women get help from social programs. It's single mothers that have to support a family. Around here it costs $100.00 a week for one child to be in day-care full-time. If you are only making minumum wage then after taxes are taken out, you are probably only bringing home $50.00 a week in pay. If those social programs were not there, then there would be alot of homeless children. Single men just take care of themselves and unless you are mentally ill, disabled, or a drug addict; there is no reason why any able bodied single man cannot take care of themselves.

Also, welfare is not like how it used to be. They give you 2 years ,after each child born, to get off of it and after that you are on your own, also it is mandatory that you work at least 20 hours a week. Or you can have a choice of having all of your schooling paid for, if you don't want to work the 20 hours. But if you're not working, then you can't survive. I know of some women that are having the schooling paid for by welfare and then getting student loans just to live on. They will give you about $200.00 a month if you have one child and about 240.00 if you have 2. Plus you get $200.00 in food. I don't know about you, but that is not enough to support a family. And you will only get that money if you opt for the no school option. Help with rent- you will only get help if you are in a shelter for abused women. unless there is some kind of disability . So these women on welfare are hard up. They are not living large and sitting back eating ding-dongs. Also, if there man decides he doesn't want to pay child support, then they don't even have enough to by the kids new school clothes at a garage sale. Luckily, when the winter months come, the electric and gas companies do offer some kind of assistance in paying the bill. But I still know of women and their children that got a junky kerosene heater just to have heat in the winter. These are not low life women- the ex-jw women I know have had it hard! They had to put up with cheating men just because they didn't want to have all of the financial problems anymore. But they have a secret plan, of going to school and not saying anything untill they finish. Then when they finish school they will be rid of their cheating spouses. See- women aren't that dumb after all.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Help with rent- you will only get help if you are in a shelter for abused women. unless there is some kind of disability.

I dont know where you live but when my nephews were little my sister had almost all of her rent paid and she didn't have a disability and now my mother has a 2 bedroom house that she rents out to a single mother who isn't disabled and she gets more than half of it paid by some program. However I am not disagreeing with you with that single mothers have it hard. I sympathize with a lot of them, especially when men don't pay their child support and it is not enforced by the courts.

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

i will not lower my fellow man as terry did ...by putting ALL the blame on man.....put put where it should be on both man and woman..the game has been played for thousands of years and still will be...

man and woman have SO much to give...and its truly lovely when they give to each other..donald

Thanks for having the guts to post that. Your right the blame goes both ways. For every point that terry raised I could raise ten in the opposite direction. But that wouldn't do any good.

So, I'm with you I refuse to put all the blame on men. There are plenty of good law-abiding stable, honest, kind and decent men out there, but sadly as I have mentioned on other occasions some men are buying into the propaganda and blame game myths.

M'

• yucca
    yucca

After I divorced my husband he broke into my apartment filled my freezer with frost burnt fish (he fished a lot) He was trying to win me back. what a jerk! Couldnt understand why that didnt work LOL

• love11
    love11
    I dont know where you live but when my nephews were little my sister had almost all of her rent paid and she didn't have a disability and now my mother has a 2 bedroom house that she rents out to a single mother who isn't disabled and she gets more than half of it paid by some program.

You're talking about Section 8, that is an extremely hard program to get into. Unless your situation is dire, (like living in a shelter or on disability) then you will be on a waiting list that is at least a year wait. Women can also get on it for abandonment. Alot of times the woman has a home to live in, but her husband left and cleared out the bank account, that is also considered a dire need. However, if you own your own home then good luck getting any help.

But hey, isn't this off the subject. But then again. If it was a perfect world and everyone took care of their own, then maybe stuff like this wouldn't happen. I'm sorry to hear about your mom and family.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit