Witnessed to by mail and the dogs attack the tract

by SeymourButts 9 Replies latest jw friends

• SeymourButts
    SeymourButts

A friend, Kevin, called me this morning and says to swing by sometime today.....he's got something to show me. I get my butt in gear and head to his house.

He hands me a letter he got in the mail on saturday. "I think it's from the Jehovahs Witnesses.....why would they mail me a letter?" It was a letter stating that the writer hadn't been able to speak to Kevin in person, but was just sharing a message with the friends in his area. You know, the typical field service approach. It went on how they were sharing Gods kingdom and spreading the message of of good news in 200 lands now. blah blah blah....you get the picture... No mention of who they were in the letter.

The lady that sent the letter signed her name, but the address enclosed was that of the kingdom hall....not hers. She made it look like it was her address...a little misleading. Kevin then tells me that there was a tract enclosed with wtbts on the back....thats how he knew it was the jws.

Kevin bent over to the coffee table and took the tract out of the envelope. Just as he pulled it from the envelope, one of the dogs (jack russels) came running by and jumped up and grabbed the tract right out of his hand. The other dog then joined in and they ripped it to shreds. It was hilarious!!! We all laughed like crazy, knowing for sure that this had to be a sign.

I did get to see a few pieces parts of the tract and it was for sure jws. They want to hear from Kevin if he is interested in discussing the bible.

I am assuming that they mail witnessed to him because he lives 1/2 mile off the road and has no trespassing signs up.

I have never seen anything like mail witnessing before....at least not from jws. Is this common? It even had a real stamp on it....no bulk mail. This would be a great way to get service time in without getting a door slammed in your face. I'm sure you could claim 15minutes for each letter you sent out. The time would really rack up and you wouldn't have to leave the couch unless someone showed interest.

Now,....what to do, what to do?

Kevin says that I am more than welcome to pretend to be him. Ohhhhh the thoughts running through my head. I'm thinking that since they had the nerve to witness this way, it makes them fair game for apostate fun. With them giving me time to prepare like this, it could be very interesting.

should I, shouldn't I, should I, shouldn't I........

• curlygirl
    curlygirl

I remember the JWs always saying that animals can sense evil! LMAO!!! I'm trying to decide which JW relative I'm going to share this story with first!

cg

• luna2
    luna2

Must be something they're trying out. I got one too not long ago. I was surprised they mailed it to me and didn't just leave something on the door. I know they stop by here trying to find out if I'm "all right" and tell me they miss me, but sometimes I can't hear them at the door (no door bell and I live in a town house). If I'm upstairs I often can't hear people knock....or sometimes I just don't feel like going to the door to be sighed over and "encouraged". The sis that wrote me didn't bother to put her return address on the envelope either. Interesting.

• Honesty
    Honesty

They never call at my door, send letters or leave any tracts

I make up for it, though. I send them letters. My favorite is the 2/15/05 WT magazine study article for 4/3/05, 'Preserving Our Christian Identity' paragraphs 9 and 14 along with scripture references about Pharoah the Writing Dept. forgot to include in the article.

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Cathy L.

P.S. You SHOULD!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Those dogs are demonised. No wait, the tract is demonised. Better burn the pieces just to be sure.

S

• Banshee
    Banshee

Those are really clever dogs with great instincts! Surely you gave them some yummy dog treats after that?

• HappyDad
    HappyDad
    I have never seen anything like mail witnessing before....at least not from jws. Is this common? It even had a real stamp on it....no bulk mail. This would be a great way to get service time in without getting a door slammed in your face. I'm sure you could claim 15minutes for each letter you sent out. The time would really rack up and you wouldn't have to leave the couch unless someone showed interest

This isn't new. It has been done for many years. During the "service meeting" , the constant barrage of do more....do more ...er... I mean the "loving suggestion of ideas on how infirm ones can do witnessing work, letter writing along with phone harrassment witnessing comes up. Letter writing and phone witnessing is also suggested for secure apartment buildings and gated communities that are unaccessable to the salesmen JW needing his/her hours in order to procure salvation and approval.

Trouble is, it can be expensive for the elderly infirm one on a fixed income to buy those stamps. So even though it is a suggested form of bothering people "ministry", it isn't done too often. Also, I remember when this was discussed at a meeting, we were told not to use the KH return address, but to use our own address since we were the one doing the writing.

Just another way for Brooklyn to dodge any knowledge or responsibility of what they coerce "suggest" the rank and file to do. In other words.........make and supply the bullets, then use the excuse ....."Some at the time became overzealous and ran ahead of the organization and began firing the bullets at random."

HappyDad

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

My JW relatives have been doing this for quite some time. They even get together with other people and do it. The funny thing is: they dress up in dresses, suits, and ties, as if they are really going in service and THEN sit down and start writing! Very bizarro..

CG

• rebel8
    rebel8

For informational purposes, here is some info I compiled:

How to Reduce Contact from Jehovah?s Witnesses (United States)

Neighborhood Preaching: Post a ?No Trespassing? sign at your home. Click here to view a letter from the church leaders instructing JWs (whom they call "publishers") not to visit homes with No Tresspassing signs on them: http://www.dannyhaszard.com/notrespassing.htm

Telephone preaching:Option 1: Get caller ID and don?t answer unwanted calls.
    Option 2: Contact your phone co. to find out if they offer a service for you to block calls from certain telephone numbers.
    Option 3: If you do accidentally talk to them, tell them they are to cease calling you immediately. If they continue calling, file a complaint with the police and phone co. complaint bureau. Normally, you must feel annoyed, alarmed, or harassed in order for action to be taken. (I personally would feel all of those if somebody calls me with a message that I?ll be killed by God soon, even if it was stated subtly.)

Putting stuff in or on your mailbox with no postage: It is a federal offense. Law: http://pe.usps.gov/text/dmm/d041.htm#Rbi31049 File a complaint with the US Postmaster. How to complain: http://www.usps.com/ncsc/locators/find-is.html Enter your zip code first.

Putting stuff in or on your mailbox with postage: Option 1: Don?t open it?mark it ?return to sender, refused?, cross out your address, circle the return address, and put it back in the mail. If unwanted mail persists, write a letter to the congregation, by certified mail with return receipt, indicating no further mail should be sent.
    Option 2: File a complaint with the US postal office. See here for details: http://www.junkbusters.com/dmlaws.html Be sure to scroll down and read the links to the Supreme Court?s decision that the individual receiving the mail is allowed to determine whether or not the content is offensive. Another option is to file a complaint here: http://www.usps.com/postalinspectors/fraud/MailFraudComplaint.htm Use the ?unwanted mail? category.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit