I will not share a meal with you but can you give me some money

by tyler m 45 Replies latest jw friends

• tyler m
    tyler m

I had to come here and post about this. My parents who have dutifully shunned me for nearly 9 years had the nerve to ask me for money. It wasn't for food, a car payment, house payment or anything like that. It was to go to Bethel. You see baby brother is leaving for Bethel and they want to go with him and help him get settled and see some of the sites while they are down there. I sounded like a lunatic yelling on the phone. I told my biological father I could not afford it because I was supporting his 2 other children who he abandoned when they left the cult known as Jehovahs Witnesses and I was not about to help pay for them to go to the headquarters. Even if I could afford it I would not give them 1 penny. Before I hung up on him I told him never to contact me again for anything. He would have to get help from his JW son or his JW family. The bank of Tyler M is closed forever to them. I am blown away he would ask me for money for a Bethel trip of all things. I should not be surprised but I really am.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Welcome to the board!

• curlygirl
    curlygirl

I'm convinced that JWs are here to make everyone else appear more sane.

What appalling behavior and it really drives home the point that there is something missing in these people. Their abilities to show their own children LOVE has been tampered with. I'm sick to my stomach for you. I hope that your father felt like a horses ass!

Curlygirl

• tyler m
    tyler m
    What appalling behavior and it really drives home the point that there is something missing in these people.

I have been talking with my friends about this and they say the same thing. What makes them so dense? Or stupid? I can try and chalk it up to brainwashing but not even that excuses what he did. Common sense would tell you it's a bad idea to ask money from someone who you have shunned for 9 years for a Bethel trip. Where is his freaking mind? Stupid question I know.

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

Not the same thing, but this reminds of the time a cousin wanted me to sign a legal paper. It was to his advantage that I sign it and had negatives consequences for me. He was a pleasant and chatty as could be. Hadn't spoken to me since I was disfellowshiped, but now we were buddies. What a bunch of hipocrites.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

words fail me

• Quentin
    Quentin

Sigh...what a deal.

• curlygirl
    curlygirl

Tyler

Its true we always want to chalk things up to brainwashing but, I know that I was NEVER that cruel or DENSE when I was a JW.

You know, I have many friends that think I must be making up half the stories that I tell cuz they just don't believe people can be so bizarre. I tell them---talk to any former JW and they will probably have experiences that rival mine!

They only suggestion that I can offer you is---laugh! Try to look at this in a humorous way. Its the only way I can deal with my in laws!

Curlygirl

• tyler m
    tyler m
    You know, I have many friends that think I must be making up half the stories that I tell cuz they just don't believe people can be so bizarre. I tell them---talk to any former JW and they will probably have experiences that rival mine!

Now that made me laugh. I rarely ever talk about my jw past with anyone but former jw's. It's crazy the shit they pull in the name of a publishing company. I will probably laugh about this down the road and remember when dad asked for money to go to Bethel. hahahaha. I hope that's the case anyway.

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

All growing up, and while I was at Bethel, and the 10+ years I have been out of Bethel I learned the only thing that REALLY allows JWs to put aside their JW rules is almost always about $$$ or in the name of "business".

Crazy.

-ithinkisee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit