It's been one hell of a day : (

by calamityjane 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Today started off good, it's mother's day, I get breakfast in bed. Then I'm outside doing what I want to do, getting our trailer ready for camping season.

What I thought my hubby (xjw_b12) was doing in the meantime was wishing his mom a Happy Mother's Day, but he came out of the house and was a little on the off side. Instead of what I thought was he was doing and calling his mom, he caught a call from his mom instead, advising us that his uncle passed away on Friday, by taking his own life.

There is a long jw history here. and I'm sure xjw can englighten everybody. But his uncle was the baby of nine children, all brought up in the jw religion. A couple of the siblings chose not to take the jw path. His uncle, in turn, was disfellowshipped in his young life, although unbaptized at the time, due to smoking. He married a jw woman who has been a rock in his life, perservering through his health problems over the years never getting any support from his jw family. They've been together, married for 41 years!.

Okay, xjw's deceased uncle lives here in town. The majority of the jw family is here in town. The PO is his oldest brother. We don't even get a call!!!! The PO, oldest brother, (who I have to mention would not marry us because xjw was not baptiized at the time) calls his non jw brother in Alberta who in turns calls xjw"s mom out in B.C. and then she calls us back here in Ontario, to give us the bad news.

Needless to say this has been a day. More will follow as events here in town evolve. I will keep you posted, but this is a trying and maddening time right now.

This professsed CHRISTIAN ORGANIZATION OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, can't even have the decency to call us of this tragedy. And my own jw parents who are here and in the congreation couldn't call me.

WHERE IS THEIR FRIGGIN' LOVE THEY PROFESS TO HAVE??????

cj

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

hugs you guys!

its another example of their NON CHRISTIAN love. i'm so sorry your being hurt this way.

hang in there.

• blondie
    blondie

Sorry to hear about the loss in your family in such a terrible way.

If confronted, the PO brother would probably say he couldn't find his phone number. I can remember when 2 elders said that to me when I asked why they hadn't called for over a year. I walked over to the phone book, flipped it open to my name and showed them where my name, phone number, and address were clearly listed.

Good thing she had enough love to call you two.

Blondie

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

well i really dont know what to say..except to extend my condolences in your hour of grief...any jw criticism is unnessercary at this time though not unwarranted..your pain is the criteria right now and i wish you well in coping with your loss

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

So sorry to hear it. I don't really know how to say everything else I'm thinking...the more I read...the more I hate.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Blondie, why the sad face emoticon, we all know you are bionic.

• blondie
    blondie

bionic

• ballistic
    ballistic

Yep, you are my number one bionic member.

• blondie
    blondie

still confused

• curlygirl
    curlygirl

I'm so sorry for your loss.

cg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit