What does your name mean?

by ScoobySnax 34 Replies latest jw friends

• lilbit
    lilbit

Elizabeth

From Elisabet, the Greek form of the Hebrew name Elisheba meaning "my God is an oath" or perhaps "my God is abundance". In the New Testament this is the name of the mother of John the Baptist. It was also borne by the 12th-century Saint Elizabeth, a daughter of King Andrew II of Hungary who became a Franciscan nun and lived in poverty. It was also the name of a ruling queen of England and an empress of Russia. Famous modern bearers include the British queen Elizabeth II and actress Elizabeth Taylor.

Boring HUH?

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Brenda: Derived from Old Norse brandr meaning "sword". This name is sometimes used as a feminine form of Brandan meaning Prince.

Cloutier: French. Nail maker, as a cooper is a barrell maker

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

In Japanese my name means "New Sword"

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

"God strengthens"

based on an Isrealite prophet who liked to stir it up...

• Sith
    Sith

I am the famous wagonmaker from the grey fort. Robert = "of bright and shining fame" Wayne = "wagonmaker" Leslie = "from the grey fort"

• bem
    bem

Mama said it meant "gods gift" from the name book she looked at when she named me. But I know I proved that wrong. FMZ's link, which I think is a really cool link thanks FMZ.

The new link ranked my name 124th. in popularity the year I was born and in 2004, 859th.

This name was used by Lyman Frank Baum for the central character in his fantasy novel 'The Wizard of Oz' Which people have a field day with since I live in 'Tornado Alley',

Too Funny

And there were two saints that are namesakes.

My middle name meaning: Feminine pet form of JUAN,Spanish.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

April...latin....opening/spring

Celeste....latin...heavenly

translates to heavenly opening = black hole: which hopefully I will be sucked into once I die and become an angel and look down on all you earthly peons!

• love11
    love11

Love

• Preston
    Preston

Justin is an Anglicized version of the Latin name Justinian, a derivative of Justus, meaning fair or just.

• vitty
    vitty

Mine means beautiful !!!!!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit