What age were you baptised? Do you regret it?

by doodle-v 33 Replies latest jw friends

• LMS-Chef
    LMS-Chef

Too young and yes.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

I was 19 and if I only knew what I know now..............

• steve2
    steve2

I was 17, the year was 1971, the end was coming real soon, I was clinally depressed and I was in no state to get baptised, but not one adult in the organisation, including my grandparents, had the horse-sense to see that I first needed to "sort" myself out before taking the plunge. Too late: I went under the water and everything changed. The end (of the world) justified the means.

I regret it.

I should have been at least in my 20s before making such an important decision, especially given the consequences once baptised; that is, they could now disfellowship me if I disobeyed them.

• talesin
    talesin

I was barely 14. Do I regret it? Well, it was really not my decision to make. It's been thrown in my face that it's my own fault I am DF, since I chose to get baptized and dedicate my whole life to J** at such an early age, and based on a bunch of lies. The fact that I was only child seems to be unimportant to them.

How can I regret something that was not my choice? No, I did what I was taught, molded, indoctrinated to do. I choose to blame those responsible, not a little girl who was only following orders.

t

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit