JW's United Defend W.T.'s Relationship With U.N.

by Kenneson 52 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• pepheuga
  • upside/down
    upside/down
    There can be only one reason: mischief making. These opponents of Jehovah's Witnesses are possessed with such an unreasoning hatred for the organization which many of them formerly belonged to that they look for any pretext to cause trouble for them.

only one reason?

I love the part about him wanting us to identify ourselves.... like "men".... we used to be that stupid... NEVER AGAIN!

He also said "just leave".... YOU DON'T LET US!!!

This thing has so many holes in it ... I give up... don't know where to start or end... it's "party" line all the way..

Funny though how technically no good JW should even be reading his defense... it's not approved my "mother".

Dumb Asses,

U/d

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Unreasoning hatred????

Yeah cause you ruined part of our lives you BASTARDS!!! Hatred for lying YES. Hatred for hypocrisy YES. HATRED for duplicity YES.

• upside/down
    upside/down

I actually think we're all quite reasonable in our hatred.

Don't you think?

u/d

• avengers
    avengers

This website aims to address these criticisms.

How about addressing this issue?

The issue about the UN is only one of the issues. It touches the tip of the iceberg. JW apologists should do more research
    before blabbing about things they know hardly anything about.!

i a ia ia ia

Andy

• Maverick
    Maverick

The guy talked a lot but did not say much. He assumed all the doctrinal points unique to the WTS where firmly and irrevocably linked to the Bible. We know with the WTS's Ace-in-the-hole "new light" that simply is not the case. The points about DFing and child-abuse were good examples of flawed, weak, reasoning.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Upside/down said: "I love the part about him wanting us to identify ourselves...like 'men'..."

Interesting, isn't it? He wants us to do what he himself has not done. Who is the writer of this article for Jehovah's Witnesses United? Indeed, why don't they all identify themselves so the Watch Tower Society can take note of their defenders?

I also found interesting his claim that there really aren't that many ex-Jehovah's Witness sites on the net. It's just a few people setting up a bunch of different sites. Also, he says that some pro-Witness sites are really ex-JW's in disguise (of course, Jehovah's Witnesses United isn't). Maybe he is referring to E-watchman???

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

A letter I just sent to the editor:

RE: http://www.wtdefended.co.sr/

Sir(s) or Madam(s),

Because you did not come forward, "like men" as you said, I must refer to you in the formal. Your Web site is en excellent example of black propoganda. I commend you on the elegance with which you purport to stand behind the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York and its decision to apply to become an NGO Affiliate associated to the UN/DPI. It is a thing of beauty.

The UN/DPI is the very mouthpiece of the Disgusting Thing that Causes Desolation, the portion of the UN which heaps the most reproach on Jehovah's name. It is the PR department for the Image of the Wild Beast, the section through whom compulsion to receive the mark will most likely come.

I could tell right away that you did not agree with what you wrote, but it will fool most Jehovah's Witnesses. Firstly, we have had direct instructions from the Faithful and Discreet Slave not to create such Web sites. Dead giveaway. You created such a Web site. Secondly, you know they admitted associating to the UN/DPI, yet you published and purported to defend their stance that they "registered." A registration is not an application. You do not "register" to Affiliate, Associate, or Partner with an organization like the UN.

You obviously know they did not "withdraw their registration," because you seem to be aware that there is no such thing as an NGO registered with the UN/DPI. The DPI Section consistently refers to the relationship as associated, Associate, partenered, Partners, Affiliate, and affiliated. Never once has the UN referred to the relationship between NGOs and the UN/DPI as "registered." I commend you for how well you point that out by contrasting terms from paragraph to paragraph, as though you really believe a relationship of registrant/registrar equates to Affiliate/Superior.

Due to the volume of content, you had me going for a while. Then I realized, you had to make it believable. You had no option other than to infuse the pages with a lot of emotion. But don't worry, in the meantime you make it crystal clear that what the WTS "admits to" is not at all what they actually did.

I love the way you bring out how evasive the WTS is without actually saying that! A work of art! You could start a very profitable enterprise doing this sort of thing, you would make money hand over fist. It is a gift, my friend, a true gift.

I mean, you constantly talk about how little proof there is of any malfeasance and then demonstrate there has been absolutely no comment that directly states ignorance on their part. All it would take to shut the mouths of any opposers or questioners is a direct statement regarding the ignorance of the Governing Body.

They surely imply ignorance, but implication is as far as they go. The obvious question is, why bother to create the impression of innocence through implication instead of claiming innocence through direct denial? You bring that paradox to the fore wonderfully. When I read, "...it can be explained quite adequately as a misunderstanding," I nearly wept at the stark magnificence. Obviously, that would explain it. However, inexplicably, that is not the explanation given. So the question becomes, if they could explain it that way, directly and succinctly, why don't they?

I believe that the WTS tries very hard to avoid direct statements that contradict what they know to be true. I believe they are much more lax when it comes to creating misleading impressions through omission or choosing words that poorly convey reality. I think you demonstrated that point brilliantly. Kudos!

I will be directing as many people as possible to your painstakingly crafted bit of sophistry. You show your readers how the average Jehovah's Witness thinks better than any other apostate Web site I have ever seen. The pitiable lack of deductive and inductive reasoning gives a perfect example of how the rank and file Jehovah's Witness uses abductive reasoning to excuse their own organization just as quickly as they use it to accuse others.

With utmost respect,
    Watchtower Why?

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Thanks for putting us onto this little gem, Kenneson. Good on ya', mate!

• Gadget
    Gadget

As the above quotes show, the Watch Tower Society maintains that its reason for obtaining NGO status was to have access to the United Nations' library facilities. It is also likely that they wanted to attend such things as press briefings, information seminars, etc, conducted by the UN. There can be no doubt that this would be helpful to the Writing Department.
    Why did the writing committee need access to this information? I thought the publications were direct from Jehoba, the words just being put into the mind of the writer for him to write out?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit