Paula Abdul and Corey Clark - who believes or who cares?

by TresHappy 18 Replies latest social entertainment

• Mulan
    Mulan
    I agree with Elsewhere, the guy is a complete tool to go around mouthing off about what happened. In my opinion he came off as a big scumbag in that interview last night.

But..............I found it very disturbing. I hope Paula can personally survive the invasion of her privacy. I don't think it will affect her standing at American Idol though.

It looks to me like it's true, but also think Corey Clark is a creep for revealing this. What is his motive other than "15 minutes of fame"? I wish Randy Jackson and Simon would comment on this.

• doogie
    doogie
    It looks to me like it's true, but also think Corey Clark is a creep for revealing this. What is his motive other than "15 minutes of fame"? I wish Randy Jackson and Simon would comment on this.

even if he just revelaed it for the publicity, she should still start working on her resume. can you imagine the lawsuits that the rejected contestants will level at the show's producers? in turn, the show will have no choice but to fire paula and maybe sue for damages. her career is over. (at least on american idol)

c'mon, if you're a judge you can't be boppin the contestants. she had to have known that. there is obviously something wrong with the woman. (for the record i only watch that show because my girlfriend won't let me change the channel...one day, i will rise up against her tyranny...)

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    Don't believe. CC is an attention monger who came up with a good story to get his 15 minutes.

if Infamy.... I don't care.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

I don't watch AI anymore. Haven't since Simon told an overweight woman she wasn't Idol material, and then Fat Rubin won. Hypocrite! I didn't even know who Corey was. I just watch Prime Time and this happend to be on. He says Justin Guarini also dated her.

Now he's releasing a song about it? Also making a book deal?

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

I only watch because my wife has it on.

I watched the prime time interview.

There are some issues of plausibility. For example, I know here in LA everyone is pretty much used to seeing stars walking around and mostly it is no big deal. I happen to be familiar with the Sprint store that was supposedly visited by Paula and Corey and that store does get a number of celebrity visits. But still at the time, Idol was still hot and interesting, so it stretches belief just a bit to think that both of them together could walk into that Sprint store and not a single employee or anyone thinks anything about it or puts anything out on the Internet or to the tabloids?

Other similar issues are the frequent visits and supposed overnight and late night stays at her place. Are we to believe that no other contestants were unaware of these things, Corey's roommate never said anything? and that the producers, staff and security never raised any alarm.

These things are not impossible to surmount but there would need to be better explanation.

Turning to Corey's account, I found him to be quite credible (despite what I may think of him personally, his motivations ($$$) or his actions).

Additionally, his two friends seemed credible, his father seemed somewhat credible and I found his mom to be very credible. The friends claim to have met Paula and Corey at a club and witnessed certain things. Even if we discount that this proves anything lurid, just for Paula to be associating with a contestant while the contest is going on would be a serious breach or ethics.

Additionally, Corey's mom testified about her calling him at home multiple times. Again a breach of ethics.

Finally, there is the voicemail recordings which defnitely sounded like her; the phone records and other tangible evidence that he produced.

Overall it definitely looks like some impropriety was committed.

Mulan, of course Paula's relationships or any kind of relationship between two adults is no one's business and her personal business.

But in this situation, She was a judge in a contest in which he was a contestant. Prior to the round where the call in votes matter, she is alleged to have privately coached him and if true that is a serious violation of the public's trust in the show, show ethics, and the contest's integrity. Even after the point where the public's votes counted, the judges' comments may influence the public vote so again if there was a secret relationship, it was a gross impropriety.

I think and hope this is the last season for American Idol. I have a feeling it will be when the final vote comes down to Vonzell and Kari or Vonzell and Bo and Vonzell wins because the majority of the voters are black and they will vote for her.

The ratings are not as good this year as the novelty has worn off and the format is stale.

But if Fox does want to carry this show forward, the producers and some independent folks at Fox should seriously examine the evidence and take appropriate action.

If Paula did engage in any of the activity that was alleged she should definitely leave the show.

-Eduardo

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

No publicity is bad publicity is Hollywood's mantra....so who knows or cares about Paula Abdul. Like she had a career before the show anyway. The no talent hack will fade from the stage soon enough.

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Cathy L.

• G Money
    G Money

He is playin it up for publicity. This is a criminal who has lied before. The news shows love hype. Who knows the real truth. There were many holes in the story if you looked for them.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

It's media entertainment folks.."sweeps week" ring a bell?

~Hill

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit