What's the last good fantasy or scifi book that you could'nt put down?

by Leander 27 Replies latest social entertainment

• Quentin
    Quentin

Last winter re-read the Ring Trilogy.

Over the last several months have re-read Hienlien's: "The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress" and Starship Troopers. Also Harry Harrisons Deathworld trilogy, Stainless Steel Rat books( love that slippery Jim DeGriz), can't seem to get my hands on Harrisons Bill the Galatic Hero.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

I listed my two most recent gripping page-turners here.

gently feral

• Banshee
    Banshee

Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series and Stephen King's Dark Tower series. Marvellous writing in both. Only drawbacks are that Wheel of Time series has some draggy parts in the last couple of books (actually, I don't think the series is even finished yet.) and I thought the ending of The Dark Tower could have been better. Other than that, I really enjoyed both and had a hard time putting the books down, once I started reading them.

• Spook
    Spook

Song of Fire and Ice. Wheel of Time. Otherland.

• Preston
    Preston

Flow my tears the policeman said by Philip K. Dick

- Preston

• Leander
    Leander

How do I quote messages in my replies? I must be blind because I can't find an option/link for it.

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

In the buttons above you should see one that looks like a speech bubble button. (not the ones with i or ? up where icon is, down in the post window next to the smiley) Just highlight the text you want to quote, copy and paste it in your message and then highlight again and click that button to put it in the quote box. You can also type < q > (without the spaces) at the beginning of the text you want to quote and < / q > to unquote.

• Leander
    Leander

Thanks bro, you are the man

In the buttons above you should see one that looks like a speech bubble button. (not the ones with i or ? up where icon is, down in the post window next to the smiley) Just highlight the text you want to quote, copy and paste it in your message and then highlight again and click that button to put it in the quote box. You can also type < q > (without the spaces) at the beginning of the text you want to quote and < / q > to unquote.
  • lilbit
    lilbit

The entire Dragonlance series

• Leander
    Leander
    The Watchtower.

Heh, I had a good laugh when I first read that

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit