What movies make you think of the Borg?...

by Hecklerboy 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Samuel Thorsen
  • codeblue
    codeblue

The Village is top on my list for being JW-like....eerie, very eerie...

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

I like Shawshank Redemption :)

One thing I thought of was Office Space...how they kept hounding him for his TRS reports. Kind of like getting harrased for our time sheets.

When Jennifer Aniston's character get's counseled for "not enough flair" reminds me of Dub's. She said how many pieces do you want me to wear...well we want you to wear what you are comfortable wearing...we just wished you were comfortable wearing more.

Getting called in on a weekend to do hall cleaning or other such crap when just trying to enjoy the weekend.

The boss bulldozing the Jimmy James character until he burns the place down reminds me of elder bullying some poor soul.

• theotherside
    theotherside

I concur with the Planet of the Apes.....one scene comes 2 mind when Cornelius, who was one of the intellectual Chimpanzees asks one of Orangutangs, who represented the ruling authority, about whether or not in the distant past it was possible for man to have had a flying machine. He produces a paper airplane he got from a human and throws it 2 show that it does fly, and the Orangutang watches it fly across the room, picks it up in amazement, then crushes it in his hand. And the symbolism of the "forbidden zone" where no one was allowed. Such a fear of the truth being expsosed is so symbolic of the Borg.

• avengers
    avengers

Star Trek. Not a movie, but a serie. (I hope it's allowed in this thread, so don't DF me for it.)

You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

• schne_belly
    schne_belly

Gotta be "The Villiage"

I was watching with several other people and could tell what the ending was going to be within a half-hour. I guess it's easy to see when you have lived it!!

• doogie
    doogie

jurassic park. no reason really. pretty much everything makes me think of that movie. (yeah, dinosaurs!)

• qwerty
    qwerty

Star Wars! When they mention Jedi!!!! Don't know why! Q

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

The movie "The Others"

• ljwtiamb
    ljwtiamb

ANTZ!

Tagline: Every ant has his day.

Plot Outline: A rather neurotic ant tries to break from his totalitarian society while trying to win the affection of the princess he loves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit