What movies make you think of the Borg?...

by Hecklerboy 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Sith
    Sith

The Shawshank Redemption is a good call, especially the storyline involving the James Whitmore character. Whitmore plays an old convict who has been in prison for most of his life and finally is paroled. Even though he doesn't want to leave prison, he is forced out and doesn't know what to do with himself. He has been institutionalized...been told when to eat, when to sleep, when he can take a crap...and now he can't make any decisions for himself. He's totally lost, and winds up committing suicide. Reminds me so much like being DFed from the Borg.

• Forscher
    Forscher

I haven't seen The village, I was told it wasn't so good. One that made my jaw hit the ground was not a movie, but a TV series, Babylon 5. I'll never forget Bester, a psy-corp leader who frequently intoned "the Corp is mother, the corp is father." The way the Psy-corp was portraid, I felt that an ex-JW had to have been on the writing staff.

:-)

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3
    IP says: A brother, fellow elder in fact loaned me the village. When I gave it back he was like "wasnt that an amazing story?" I'm like "ya buddy, you have know idea"

Excellent movie especially for JWs and XJWs. I am continually surprised how popular this movie is with JWs, yet there seems no conscious correlation with their own lives.

I also vote for the Matrix trilogy.

EZ3 of the "those we don't speak of" class

• Soledad
    Soledad

I also vote the Village

for some reason Fight Club resonates a JW-like theme. anyone else notice that?

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

tetrapod.sapien mentioned

One flew over the coo koo's nest

The part that tapped into the jaydub experience most vividly was Nurse Ratched's character - she bullied and oppressed everybody, and drove poor Billy to suicide - but all from the best possible motives!

gently feral

• Heatmiser
  • jukief
    jukief

I think Pleasantville is the one movie that most closely describes what it's like to be an apostate in a JW world. A great movie in its own right, but the similarities to dub-think are really amazing.

• marsal
    marsal

The Truman Show

• Es
    Es

Absolutely def positively THE VILLAGE es

• jazbug
    jazbug

The Truman Show and Pleasantville.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest