Slacker Pioneering

by scotsman 17 Replies latest jw friends

• JAVA
    JAVA

I rebuilt a car engine, and counted the time doing it. Hey, I had to keep the old service car running, didn't I? :)

• silentWatcher
    silentWatcher

I did know a pioneer sister who had a pool. During the summer, she and several of the other pioneers would spend time studying for the bookstudy in the pool. They made sure someone dragged along an unbaptized brat so they could keep the old clock a-rollin.

-sw

• Mulan
    Mulan

We used to have good times with one of the CO's wife. She always knew which of the elder's wives, or pioneers (I was both) were willing to take off and pretend to be in service. Once I remember she would have us work a street, and then we would head for a great restaurant and have sandwiches, coffee, desserts, or whatever. .................then we'd do a call or two and get back for her to meet up for lunch, where she wouldn't eat.

Another would ask if we could go to the Mall because she needed to shop, and would let us know she had money, so "put your wallets away".

When I had our youngest baby, our CO was Al Michaelson. His wife, Louise, was a pretty good friend of mine, just from their visits. Louise would always tell Al to put her in my group. She was painfully shy, and liked to be with me, for an easy morning in service. I remember the year our youngest was barely walking, and she carried him to all the doors and made me talk and I didn't mind. She would suggest a break, early, "for the baby". I really loved her. That visit, Al assigned her to me every morning. Most of the CO's and their wives avoided having children in their car groups, but Louise loved kids.

Those women were fun!!

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

Ha! My pioneering reports were a much bigger Fiction Saga than anything that George Lucas has ever written. :D

• Es
    Es

I used to love when we hsd rural (country) territory, sometimes it would take an hour of driving to get there and then we would have to stop for a coffee do boput 3 houses and then make the trip home. es

• swiftbreeze
    swiftbreeze

i remember how i wanted to be a pioneer...I thought i would be at the top of the ladder if i could just be a pioneer. I would listen whole heartedly at the assemblies listening to all the so called wonderful experiences...anyway everytime i spoke with a pioneer and expressed my desire to do so the answer i got was "you don't want to do this" i was like damn where's that great pioneer spirit...after awhile i thought the sisters thought i wasnt good enough...now i know that it's because they know it's a bunch of BS!

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Sounds like most of the pioneers, instead of blazing new frontiers for Jehovah, were at the Chuckwagon That... or Starbucks.

CG

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Scotsman:
    I'm afraid I was fairly serious about it. I wasn't a time-fascist, but I did try to be reasonably honest with it
    I do recall bunking off to go to the flicks, a couple of times, but I didn't count time.

One of my pioneer partners, who later became a Gilead Missionary, used to take us over to the city to get supplies for his business and to have a hot chocolate in "Next" - LOL.

p.s. I noticed you quoting from Between The Lines... that's a little Kinsey 3!

ROFL

Mulan:CO's used to love me, too, as I had some great "coffee" RVs, that would have us for an hour or so.

Oo'er, I just re-read that and it sounds positively Kinsey 4!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit