Did Jesus ever use the name Jehovah?

by LMS-Chef 53 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Nark:

The texts you quote are Greek texts quoting the Greek Septuagint: in none of the extant manuscripts do they contain anything like "Jehovah" -- only kurios, "Lord". That's the only solid fact we can rest on.

Yes! This is where the argument begins and ends. Its my belief the witness has to look at what the WT has done to NT scripture, and how it affects the message.

This is one of my favorite questions to the Jw: where in scripture does Jesus specifically, come out and plainly state that this name "Yahweh" is the name given, and this name alone is to be glorified.

Like the name of Jesus,Re: Act 4:12

Furthermore, there is no salvation in anyone else, for there is not another name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved." NWT

Tough to get around eh?

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    This has nothing to do with the topic, but I couldn't find the topic I wanted anywhere, well to be honest I didn't bother looking, but who could fucking blame me?

Hi Davidson!

Nothing like joining a conversation and having your first post sound like yours! It's not our fault that you couldn't find the topic you were looking for!

By the way-----welcome to JWD.

Annie

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Ben

Not using the correct pronunciation in English is not a problem.

If the JWs wanted to make his name known, you would think they would get it right.

D Dog

• LMS-Chef
    LMS-Chef

I never remember one time, and I am thinking of the jw Bible. I would actually bet my life on it, well almost my memeory isn't that good.

Michael

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit