Snake with your sugar puffs?

by Angharad 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Angharad
    Angharad

You thought fingers in Chilli at Wendy's was bad !

OMG that poor kid.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/shropshire/4512995.stm

Boy finds snake in cereal packet

A five-year-old Shropshire boy discovered a live two-foot snake in his box of breakfast cereal.

Jordan Willett, from Dawley, found the corn snake inside the packet of Golden Puffs on Bank Holiday Monday.

His mother Theresa, 23, said he was still in shock and not eating. The cereal was bought at a Netto store on the Wrekin Retail Park.

The supermarket's trading director said it was a "bizarre" incident that was being taken very seriously.

Ms Willett, who was eating breakfast with her son at the time, said she first thought the snake was a free gift.

Describing the incident, she said: "My lad, he went to open his cereal and luckily enough I was behind him because a snake popped out.

"I just screamed. I grabbed the box off him and found some Sellotape."

She added: "Jordan's still in shock today. He's not eating. Neither am I."

The family, who bought the 89p packet of cereal on Saturday, said they would be taking things further.

Netto trading director Clive Cooper said: "This does seem to be a bizarre incident but we are taking it very seriously.

"Netto is in discussions with its supplier to ensure that all procedures are reviewed and we will be making checks on our stock."

An expert called in to examine the corn snake, which is non-venomous and feeds on mice and birds, said he was sure the animal had been kept as a pet in England and had been well looked after.

Corn snake

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Thats what ya get for shopping at Nettos!

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I found a huge moth in a moutful of my readybrek when I was 5 in Heanor, I got to school and sicked it up all over the playground.

Two summers ago I started getting privately annoyed at my b/f's parents for eating all the cereal and putting the empty boxes back in the cupboard until I finally told him he would have to tell them to stop. It turned out we had rats and I mean mega big ones! Gone now thought thankfully!

• JAVA
    JAVA
    You thought fingers in Chilli at Wendy's was bad !

It's just like you folks in England trying to show us up in the United States. (It usually doesn't take much.) I think I'll head down to the local Wendy's to see if I can reclaim our standing. :)

I wonder if someone put the snake into the box or if it bored into the box itself?

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    "I just screamed. I grabbed the box off him and found some Sellotape."

What is Sellotape? like saran wrap? or duck tape?

• Es
    Es

OMG poor little man. es

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

I posted this earlier....

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/14/90047/1.ashx

elsewhere thinks it's a hoax to sue the company.

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Ang, you mean to tell me that Brits get 2-foot pet snakes as prizes in cereal boxes and all we get over here are crappy plastic toys made by prisoners in China?

Number one, I think its time to dump some more tea in a harbor. That'll teach you!

Number two, how did a TWO FOOT SNAKE manage to hide out in a cereal box without anyone noticing? Just how big are your cereal boxes over there anyway? And how heavy are they? The weight alone should have caught someone's attention.

Mike.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

The weight. The moving around. Suffocated snake.

I call bullshit!

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation

Yep, I'm with you Evilforce, I call bullshit too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit