"Hey there all you lurkey ones..."

by Simon 63 Replies latest jw friends

• nelly136
    nelly136

simon is there anyway of changing my email address on my profile without being sent back down to 0 posts all over again?
    just wondering
    nelly

• teejay
    teejay

Nelly,

Changing anything in your profile will not affect the number of posts. You'll still be credited with the number of posts you have now.

As for you lurkers, what I'd like to know is:

1. How long have you been lurking? It could be a one word post.

2. Why don't you post? I had someone (not a lurker) email me the other day who said that she didn't post more because, "I am not a person who puts her thoughts into words very well." She was wrong. It was a very nice email. If you're afraid about being jumped on, remember this: we are ALL idiots, screaming into the wind. Your ideas and opinions are as valid as anybody else's.

• noidea
    noidea

Target,
    Thank you for sharing. Now that you have gotten past your 1st post we are looking forward to your input on the board.
    There is much information to glean and numerous friends ready to support you.
    A wonderful place...There are a few nut cases...If you got used to the ones at the hall...you will get used to them there too.

• TR
    TR

Welcome to Target and Stealth!

Nope, the WTS sure ain't what it was made out to be, is it?

TR

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    —Edmund Burke

• FriendlyFellaAL
    FriendlyFellaAL

teejay,

If you're afraid about being jumped on, remember this: we are ALL idiots, screaming into the wind. Your ideas and opinions are as valid as anybody else's.

Did you write that specifically for me? I've been lurking for quite some time and haven't really felt secure enough to jump into the fray when I have an opinion on a point that's been raised.

Can't tell you how many times I've written a response and then before posting it just erased the whole thing instead.

I'll keep your words of advice in mind the next time I start to do that.

Thanks,
    Brian

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy y'al!

Can't tell you how many times I've written a response and then before posting it just erased the whole thing instead. -Friendly Fella

Idiots, indeed! I write a response - and then post anyway....thus, proving tj's point.

We're all right at least once or twice. Some have a pretty good average. Some just suck.....but that's when "free forum" comes into play.

But we all enjoy company. Glad to have more posters! If you've been lurking, you realize that we do "get into it" on a regular basis. If you don't care for the post, and don't feel like expressing yourself - just click to another.

All kinds of information!

waiting

• teejay
    teejay

We're all right at least once or twice.

You've probably heard this already, Waiting, but your statement reminds me of a Southern saying:

Even a BLIND dog will stumble over a bone.... now and then.

Peace,
    tj

p.s. I like YOUR average. Not too shabby.

• teejay
    teejay

Hey, Brian.

Did you write that specifically for me?

Actually, I had a couple of others in mind. HA!!

Hey... this is a discussion board and everybody has something to give. No one but you has lived your life, so your perspective is unique. You never know who you might help, what friend you might make. Then, too, you might be in need of help (answer to a question; a family matter that you'd rather not talk to anybody with in real life). This is the place.

Welcome! Good having you here!!

Peace,
    tj

p.s. Don't believe what you here about me. It's all lies!!

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Thanks for posting, Target, Stealth and others. JWs are coming out of the woodwork right now, if you ask me. I spent three hours on the phone yesterday with basically two families that are struggling with leaving, and have not yet made the move. The 1914 generation crappola and the rasing of kids in an abusive and authoritarian system has them ready to jump ship. For at least one, a rereading of Romans and Galatians in the light of grace vs. works was the key!
    Randy Watters
    http://www.freeminds.org/doctrine/rules.htm

• chester
    chester

Just want all to know that I am much the same way.

Many times I have done the same thing Friendly Fella has done.
    Written a response and then discarded it.

I am happy for the information I get from this forum.
    I don't take anything for granted. I research everything to see if it is true or not.

I have obtained more than enough information for me to determine that "it ain't the truth" but I come here to continue to learn.
    I have learned more about the bible and religion from this forum than anywhere else.

I have a lot of respect for the people here because I have found that there is no deceit or lies here.

Chester

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit