VERY ANGRY at jw for treating someone special to me/other women so bad

by VH5150 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• talesin
    talesin

Women are in subjection to men in the WT. That is their teaching.

So, you may be a JW wife whose husband doesn't order you around. That just means that HE is a good person.

The WTBTS still considers you second class.

Oh, and eduardo? You were not very nice to this new poster. He has the right to complain about the WT, so why are you lighting into him, saying he has no right to say this without revealing his involvement with the JWs?

Besides that, what the hell are you talking about, man? Do you honestly believe that the WT teaches men to respect women? bwaa hahahaha! You think it's a good thing that the WT teaches women to be "Perfect Patties"? Barbie dolls who conduct themselves with 'modesty' and 'good manners'? Please, give me a break! You know, you are such a smart man, very likable. But when you say stuff like this, it rubs my fur the wrong way. It's the 21 Century, wake up!

tal

• rebel8
    rebel8
    But on the whole and in the norm, women are highly regarded and treated well within the Culture of Jehovah's Witnesses.

HUH???

As I said earlier, I as a JW young girl always felt humiliated and "less than" the males. There are many teachings and much literature that implies that, and in practice in my old cong, it was definitely reinforced. For brevity's sake, I won't post them all here, but here is one more example:

*** Awake! 1967 August 22 p.27, 28 ***

However, the facts show that the headship of a man is both somatically and psychologically sound and in the best interests of all concerned, even as we shall see. .. Implicit in these findings is that man is advantaged by a greater brain size?That it is in the best interests of both sexes for man to take the lead is also supported by psychological evidence. One of New York city's leading psychiatrists and psychoanalysts, Dr. Marie N. Robinson, in one of her books, which deals with certain frustrations of married women, skillfully demonstrates by case histories that many of these particular frustrations can be ended if women will but recognized the fact that the way their bodies are made gives evidence that it is intended for man to be the head?.if she had responsibilities of oversight and was required to hold forth regularly on the public platform regardless, either her performance or her health would suffer. Recognizing the factor, God's Word counsels husbands to dwell with their wives "according to knowledge, assigning them honor as to a weaker vessel, the feminine one." -- 1 Pet. 3:7.

http://quotes.watchtower.ca/women.htm

The entire culture I experienced was very, very anti-women. My mother asked a doctrinal question once at the weekly book study about 20 years ago, and the Elder conducting it said (during the book study) it is not her place as a woman to ask questions about interpreting doctrines. Males who asked similar questions received respectful responses. To this day, he still calls her a derogatory nickname that implies she is satanic!

My experience is valid and true, just as the others who had similar experiences. If someone went to a cong where this whole attitude was downplayed, hurrah for you, but that doesn't mean other people had the same experience. To generalize that your experience was characteristic of the worldwide culture of JWs is inaccurate. Also, males just plain were not victims of this dogma, so it makes sense that many might not recognize it as being as bad as it is.

• Dune
    Dune

I've never seen people so desperate to convince themselves of something so stupid in my life. If you want to go with the modern day view of 50/50 then go ahead. But its pathetic when people lie like you all have. First off, Time and time again we are told that husbands should treat their wives like they would like to be treated, so any man who is abuses his wife in anyway isnt even fit to call himself a witness. Second, that comment about a cow is pure nonsense. Humans are essentially mammals, all the WTS was doing was drawing an analogy. It doesnt say that "YOUNG GIRLS ARE COWS" it was simply showing a similarity. All of your arguments are weak and pathetic. But i understand your need to valify your leaving/denying the truth. So I dont blame any of you. Thats whats so good about life, we can believe and do whatever we want.

• Kaethra
    Kaethra

Dune - you are very young, I think, so we'll tolerate you somewhat. ;) Hey - just a question regarding what you said - can you please tell me why the Watchtower has never published a similar comparison to rutting men? Or perhaps you don't find it insulting to have you and your complex sexuality equated to a cow in heat? If you think that the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society is not anti-woman, I and many others, (who by the way are not ugly, hairy she-male men-haters), will beg to differ. *and we'll have the proof to back up our assertions*

• Dune
    Dune

As I have said before, your arguments are weak. The article was just, again, drawing an analogy. If you read the whole article and tried to understood its context,MAYBE you'd be able to accept it. The article was simply showing how ideal it would be if human beings showed a little less emphasis on sex. Then WTS tries to continue with the point and apply it in a way that readers will understand. And while you do say that WTS compares women to a cow, and you've never seen them refer to a man like that, I've yet to see another article in which women or men are compared to animals as far as their sexual powers. and do keep in mind that the article was publish in 1967. Its sad that you guys can go off on something that occured once almost 40 years ago. but as I said before, you need to convince yourselves. So i dont blame you :-d.

• Soledad
    Soledad

hey Dune why don't you read Romans chp 8 IN ITS CONTEXT. See how that flies in the face of WTS doctrine.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Ignorance is bliss, isn't it dune? It is YOUR viewpoint that is weak. 38 years in the borg and more personal experiences than I can count showed me that women are considered second class citizens there. Took me a long time to gather the courage to leave that environment, and realize that I am not inferior to a man. Today, I am respected by all in my professional and personal life, and I am far happier today than I was when the borg controlled my life.

Stick around, and you'll learn that the watchtower is a house of cards built on faulty reasoning and a history that is nothing to be proud of. .

Coffee

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Dune:

I don't know if you are still reading this post but I didn't leave because of how women are treated. That is only a by product of the other wrong things I see there and I haven't even touched on doctrinal matters!

I would never presume to drag somebody out of there if they are happy or think it is truth. To each his own. And as far as convincing ourselves of anything - don't dubs do that all the time?

The problem for me is that even if it WERE truth so much is intolerable I would have to stay on the edges just to protect myself.

LHG

• rebel8
    rebel8

Dune, I interpreted the article in the context of the culture of the local congregations. Only I can tell you what the culture was like and what was said from the platform and in conversations with the Elders. You, not having been there, have no idea.

Since leaving the Borg is a morally upright action, I have no need or desire to justify it. It is justifiable in itself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit