Did you know that it is wrong to play Chess?

by Rod P 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Rod P
    Rod P

Running Man,

Hmmm. That's interesting. I actually wondered about that. But we fooled around with so many different versions of chess, and it didn't affect our normal chess games. It was like playing different games, like say, playing Bridge and then playing chess.

Another game we played was when we took a board and partitioned it off in the middle with another board, so that neither side could see the other's side. Then we could set up our pieces ANY WAY WE WANTED along the horizontal rows. When we both said we were ready, the middle partition was taken away, and all would be revealed. At that point, we started the game. If you put your pawns in the back and your powerful pieces in front, they were immediately mobile and could inflict a lot of damage. On the other hand, they were often more vulnerable, especially since white moves first. That was a fun game. We could also put two layers of pawns around the king and almost make him invincible. But it also immobilized the back pawns trapped by the ones in front. It all depends how your opponent sets up his pieces, which would be the best setup for you. But, of course, you can't see what your opponent has done until it is revealed.

Rod P.

• Rod P
    Rod P

Anybody know what happened to Bobby Fisher these days? I thought I heard something about him being extradited back to the US to face some kind of charges.

• fairchild
    fairchild
    It's scary to me that you cannot say anything about what the WBTS has said or teaches, because you never know when they are going to change their minds next.

Haha, that's a good one.

• trevor
    trevor

It is wrong to play any game or sport that involves competition. All these games take up time that could be spent furthering Kingdom interests.

Chess is rather evil because it is all about worldly kings and queens and war and all that.

The worse game of all is solitaire because it involves playing with yourself.

• Rod P
    Rod P

Trevor,

That's a good one. LOL. Come to think of it, I haven't played Solitaire in a while. I think I'll get out my Solitaire manual and try something kinky or weird. Have to keep things interesting, right.

I was just thinking about a chess analogy. WBTS announces a new truth. (That was their move.) We then expose it on this forum. (Our move). WBTS realizes the error of their ways, and changes the "truth" into something else. (Their 2nd move) We show the inconsistencies on this forum. (Our 2nd move) They then change it back to their original teaching, before there ever was a "new truth" (Their 3rd move). We then expose this run-around for what it is, and remind everyone how it all started, all the changes they went thru, and then back to their original stance. (Check and Checkmate)......Oh well, it was just a thought. I can dream, can't I?

Rod P.

• Rod P
    Rod P

Have you ever played chess "in your head" with an opponent, such as over the phone? If so, how many moves did you get up to. The best I managed was 9 moves each, and after that it was too hard and too confusing to keep a clear picture of the board and the pieces in my head. There are those with a photographic memory who can not only play an entire game in their head, but also multiple games with multiple opponents at the same time. Guys like that are obviously in another world!

Rod P.

• Rod P
    Rod P

Do you think that Chess Game computer programs, such as from super computers, have reached the point where even World Chess Champions can be beaten by them?

Have you played chess with a computer, and if so, what level did you get to?

Rod P.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit