Can You See Thru A Phoney Poster?

by minimus 58 Replies latest jw friends

• gumby
    gumby

I've been to two apostofests..Dallas and Washington, and everyone there knows I look just like my avatar and that I poke only pokey my little horsey buddy.

Phonies don't last long here. Phonies have problems.

I took Minimus's thread to mean "phonies" in the sense of outright liars here that fool others because their weird bastards.....not faders who have to 'play the part' to save their ass. To me, faders aren't phonies......rather shrewd people who figure how to beat the society's system so their lives won't be turned upside down.

Gumby

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

I know of some that dog the Watchtower here but will go to meetings and pretend to be one of the loving "friends".

Thats me... phoney baloney! Sorry to disappoint.

• Mary
    Mary

Are you able to tell the real from the phonies?

I sure can.......Minimus is a BIG phoney......I mean, come on Min----is your body really that red or round??

I know of some that dog the Watchtower here but will go to meetings and pretend to be one of the loving "friends".

Well now, if some of us didn't still go to the occassional meeting and god forbid---assemblies, then how the hell would you know what the latest new and improved "light" was? Do you realize that huge sacrifice we're making by having to sit through 2 hours + of the latest brow-beating bullshit tripe, just so we can rush back and post it here? Now you say yer sorry to me for that, or I'm signing you up for Bethel work this summer.

• minimus
    minimus

If faders are phonies, I am the biggest phoney here.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Im definately a phoney....that fish in the photo?

It might look quite big...almost a thirty pounder some might say but thats because I am holding it out almost at arms length...it was actually 18lb...

BUSTED!?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Hey, I must be one of your phoney-baloneys. Phoney baloney dub that is! I'm a fader who hardly ever shows up at the hall. They probably consider me to be out. Whatever. They probably think I am guilty of something or other. After all, if you don't go to meetings there must be a reason. Right?

But I am a real bona-fide poster.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Sometimes I think it's good if you argue from a point you don't necessarily believe. In debate it's a part of the process. You may not believe what you are debating but you may make the argument. It makes everyone better thinkers, debaters, and students no?

I don't think you should misrepresent yourself.... but if someone with a "non real pic" avatar, is lying a bit about their age, or sex, or whatever who cares? If it doesn't affect the advice or statement being said....does it matter? Maybe it helps a person who's always wanted to be seen as aggressive or spiritual or whatever to explore those sides of his/her personality in a safe, easy format? This site is for exploration of one's spiritual identity is it not?

It sounds like I'm in the minority... but that's ok. And yes that's my toe for real !!! LOL

• G Money
    G Money

I don't think anybody can truly "see through" somebody unless they personall know them. I know some of my posts have been a bit.... ummm.... barbed at times and that isn't my intent. I know some posters have in their responses tactfully said "BS" or sometimes so it seems but I do tell the truth, sometimes my barbed wit is mistaken for something else.

I really have only met one person on this board and she'd probably be best to judge me. What would she say? That I'm the mayor of a certain party town in Mexico where we met up with her friend. And also I can keep on going without need for sleep (she and her friend would go to bed at 3am and I'd keep going).

My $.02

• Shania
    Shania

"THE WORLD IS A STAGE AND WE ALL PLAY A PART"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit