Who left the JW's after getting on the internet?

by toladest 30 Replies latest jw friends

• CeriseRose
    CeriseRose

I disassociated myself because I felt bad at the way I was treated, but still believed I was leaving the "truth" and out of favour with God. I also fully expected to die at Armageddon and never see my "worldly" parents at their resurrection (they'd passed in 2001 and I lived for how I "might" have seen them again if they were deemed in line to be resurrected...no guarantees of course). About 2 weeks after I left "providence" connected me with a link that opened my eyes. For about 2 months I devoured everything I could about all the things "wrong" with the WTS and basically decided that it was all bunk.

That was when I *really* left.

• oldflame
  • HappyDad
  • Lehaa
    Lehaa

I was already heading for the door.

Coming to this site just helped me run right through it, never to return.

• gumby
    gumby

I have a question for those who said it was the WTS stance on child abuse policies that caused them doubts. If it wasn't the internet that you learned about it.........where did you learn it from?

Gumby

• G Money
    G Money

It helped to see that I wasn't alone and was able to have dialogues with people while at the same time not fearing they's run and tell.

Was interesting to see other well educated normal people who learned the "truth" and later felt it was a bunch of crap. These people weren't odd but normal like me and weren't abberent in their behaviour.

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

It was the internet that proved to be the icing on the cake. Questions before but H2O was a real eye opener. The borg definitely sucked. Buff

• Gill
    Gill

Hi Gumby, the child abuse policy started me thinking about the JWs truthfulness issue and then, in July 2003 there was a Panorama Programme (UK) on child abuse cover ups in the JW org. The sheer arrogance of the JW representatives they interviewed was breathtaking!

After that, the Internet was the door that set me free but not until October last year!

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    I have a question for those who said it was the WTS stance on child abuse policies that caused them doubts. If it wasn't the internet that you learned about it.........where did you learn it from?

Hiya Gumby...like Gill I saw the Panorama programme but before this programme was aired I had witnessed first hand the cover ups and the whitewashes...I was mistaken to belief that this was a one off...the Panorama programme was an eye opener as was the internet.

DB74

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

It was the child abuse problem that caused my greatest doubts. I learned about it from my ex, who was a victim of such abuse, but I didn't know the scope of it until I learned about another abuse case on the news when there was a court case in Toronto. When I saw the Fifth Estate program about child abuse among JWs I became enraged, and that's when I started researching everything about the watchtower.

Walter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit