FAMOUS JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES

by Outaservice 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

I didn't see Xzibit on the list. He hosts Pimp My Ride on MTV, and is in the new XXX2 movie with Ice Cube.

Alvin Joiner, 26, sometimes cringes when he thinks of what his mother and father used to do when they found the rap music he tried to hide from them as a kid in Detroit.

Then he remembers what that punishment led to. And he laughs because it's what jump-started his rap career.

"My parents were Jehovah's Witnesses and they didn't particularly care for rap music," says Joiner, , who is known as Xzibit. "I would get my little headphones and sneak and listen to it at night. Every time they would catch me, they would get it and break my tapes. And I'd be mad. Eventually, I got sick of it. So I said, 'You know what? I can rap my own stuff and they can never take that from me.' "

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

benson the butler....not george

• Makena1
    Makena1

Ahhh, the list - met several when living in LA area - including Teresa Graves.

Guess I forgot that she died as a result of a fire in her home. While doing a search for more info came across this very strange website that mentions Teresa Graves, and one of my favorite movie actresses - Linda Darnell - as well as others who died

in a fire.

Play the Twilight zone music while reading - its helps! lol

http://www.newprophecy.net/firetragedy.htm

All best,

Mak

PS - Larry Graham must be stopped!

• happyout
    happyout

I just read an article in Upscale Magazine where Terence (Dashon) Howard, the actor, said his wife and children are witnesses. He says he needs to get his life together and be "in the truth". The poor guy, he smokes, curses, plays pimps and other unsavory characters, but in his heart, he wants to be a JW.

He's been in a lot of movies "Ray" "Hustle and Flow" "The Best Man" "Biker Boyz" many, many more. He plays tortured soul very well, now I understand why.

Happyout

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Chuck Winfield was a trumpet player in the group Blood Sweat & Tears from 1968 to 1972. Now an elder in the Augusta Maine congregation.

Dismembered

Cripes!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit