FAMOUS JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES

by Outaservice 24 Replies latest jw friends

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    BACK IN THE 50'S THERE WAS A WORLD WELTERWEIGHT FIGHTER FROM CUBA NAMED 'KID GAVILIN' THAT BECAME ONE OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES.

Hey, I saw that guy beat the crap out of some other guy on ESPN Classics a couple of nights ago, was that what inspired this thread?

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

HI DAN,

NO, I DIDN'T SEE THAT CLASSIC, BUT I WOULD HAVE LIKED TO. I HAVE AN OLD NEWSPAPER CLIPPING WITH A PICTURE THAT TOLD ABOUT HIM BECOMMING A JW. HE WAS THE 'CHAMPION' FOR QUITE AWHILE. BUT NO MATTER, ........HOW SOON PEOPLE FORGET, OR NEVER HEARD OF YOU, FAMOUS OR NOT.

OUTASERVICE

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Roy Harper kinda surprised me.

They left out Sam Perkins, longtime NBA "star".. played for something like 16 years.

I hear Venus and Serena are going to be starting their own "Reality" show. Wonder how much JWs will be mentioned. I think there are a lot more than aren't on that list but it's late and I am beat.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Fighter Paulie Malignaggi was brought up a JW in northern Jersey/Brooklyn

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

what about the guy who played ...benson

cos i think i just saw him playing an effeminate book store owner in will and grace

• blondie
    blondie

George Benson was on Will and Grace?

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Tom Reynolds... of Hamilton Joe Frank & Reynolds... lives in central Florida now. I'm not sure which congregation.. Met him in the 80s..

Coffee

• Mulan
    Mulan

I was getting a pedicure today and reading an old (October 2004) US (or Star) magazine. Inside was an article, with pictures, of a party in Los Angeles, where Prince attended, promoting "get out the vote". That was kind of surprising.

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp
    what about the guy who played ...benson

cos i think i just saw him playing an effeminate book store owner in will and grace

You mean the singer George Benson, or Robert Guillame, who played Benson in the show of the same name in the early 80s? Cause, yeah, the first one is a Witness, but I don't think that the other was ever a Witness. laters kaykay_mp

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

I have met Damon Wayans on many occassions and asked him directly about his connection to the JWs. He does NOT consider himself a Jehovah's Witness, and was never baptized.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit