Weight control issues.

by greendawn 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• greendawn
    greendawn

The weight control issue is strange in the sense that statistically most people that lose weight later on more or less quickly regain it, and all the money spent on weight loss gets wasted.

I've had this problem for many years trying to lose 13Kg (about 30lb)going from 95 to 82Kg (210 to 180Lb)the normal weight for my height and body frame. I lose a lot of weight even reaching the target but then regain it so I'm always ranging somewhere between 95 and 82Kg.

Any of you had weight loss issues and do you know a good dieting forum where someone can vent?

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i used to post at the weight watchers forum. some nice people there..

weightwatchers.com..

i quit dieting.. however i've recently stopped eating beef ( the hormones and stuff they shoot into cows is designed to fatten them up, you eat the meat you get the hormones to fatten YOU up) my theory anyway. also quit drinking sugar cokes.. moved to diet and drink a lot of water....

thats it... havent changed nothing else... i eat whatever else i want to eat..same eating style as i've had my whole life with the above exceptions...(using ground turkey instead of ground beef)

i've lost 15 pounds in a month just from those small changes.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

This diet works for me and joining the support group has really helped.

http://lowcarblisa.tripod.com/index.html

This is also a wonderful tool and is free.

http://www.fitday.com/

• G Money
    G Money

Eating right and exercise are the keys. Start going to the gym regularly and get a buddy to go with you. Don't eat after dark and don't skip breakfast. Avoid fast food and substitute beer and sodas for water and juices. It isn't easy but you can accomplish it.

• silentWatcher
    silentWatcher

>> substitute beer and sodas for water and juices

I like this advice ... I regularly substitute beer for water on Friday nights! :-)

Seriously, I do a "pseudo" Atkins. I've cut almost all refined carbs (sugar, bread, pasta) out of my diet, and feel A LOT better.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I am doing Weight Watchers, the Core Plan, better for me than counting points. I don't eat any sugar...........EVER.

So far I've lost 22+ pounds in 4 months. I know it isn't a lot, but it's consistently going down. I feel great.

For me, sugar is a bitter enemy and my body does a lot better without it.

• teela(2)
    teela(2)

I am down 70 kg after many years of exercise and diets. My secret of sucess?. I got presribed Metformin as a prevention to developing diabetes. One of the side effect of this drug is loss of appertite and a feeling of being full. I got the side effect in full force. I barely eat sometimes just enough to take the tablets. I have lost the joy of eating, as sad as it seems, life seems duller. Shopping for clothes is easier now, but I refuse to shop at the places that didn't stock my size before. I wish you all the luck and hope you something works for you

• teela(2)
    teela(2)

Sorry that should have read down to 70kgs

• ballistic
    ballistic

I lost all the weight I wanted by using common sense, no fad diets. I lost 5 stone and am quite happy with my current weight. I say if you are looking for a fad diet, you probably either don't need to loose weight at all, or you are to lazy to take a releastic look at your life style.

• what_Truth?
    what_Truth?

I became a vegitarian 5 years ago. didn't manage to take off any weight, but my new diet did stop me from gaining any more. It made me feel a lot better and has given me a thin justification to be a self rightous prick.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit