Weight control issues.

by greendawn 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

I can eat all the right foods and I have the discipline to cut down my portions, but I wish there was a way to drop weight without feeling like crap. My energy tanks severely and my concentration is not as good when I eat sensibly and cut my portions. Right now I'm eating very small meals spread throughout the day, five or six times. But even with exercise I'm not losing weight but maintaining it and not gaining. Frustrating as I would really like to be thin so I could do more exercise.

• Princess
    Princess

Mom said:

So far I've lost 22+ pounds in 4 months. I know it isn't a lot, but it's consistently going down.

Wrong! It is a lot. Perfect amount to have lost over 4 months. You are doing an amazing job!

Hey there Mega! I'm wondering if you are eating enough.

My energy tanks severely and my concentration is not as good when I eat sensibly and cut my portions. Right now I'm eating very small meals spread throughout the day, five or six times.

How small is very small?

I eat a cup of cereal (literally) at 7am. I eat a multigrain english muffin with 2 slices Canadian bacon and one egg with some grated cheese between 8:30 and 9:30. I usually will have more to eat around 11-11:30. Typically a protein shake (1 cup soy milk with frozen berries and a scoop of protein powder) OR a cup of yogurt with granola. I eat lunch sometime within the next hour or two. Sandwich, leftovers...piece of fruit. I snack at 3....just had about three carrots and some cut up red bell pepper. We'll have dinner about 6...tonight it's grilled Mahi Mahi with herbed rice and a BIG salad. We usually eat grilled meat with rice/potatoes/beans and a big salad - at least two or three cups of greens. I never cook veggies because no one likes them cooked. We eat them raw. Since we have such nice fruit in season, I'll make a fruit salad with dinner. I might have a low fat, low sugar fudgesicle around 8pm.

Maybe a sample of Steve's diet would be better:

Breakfast: same egg sandwich that I eat but with two eggs instead of one.
    Lunch: (this is what I typically pack each day) one grilled chicken breast on bone/skinless, 1/2 red bell pepper and 1 cup of broccoli dipped in about 1/2-3/4 cup hummus, 1/4 cup dry roasted almonds, zone bar 1/2 gallon iced green chai tea sweetened with stevia.
    Dinner: same as mine...a larger portion of meat
    He usually will grab more almonds while he's waiting for dinner and if he's going to the gym or on a bike ride, he will make up an Endurox smoothie with frozen berries for after.

You should be drinking a protein/carb shake or something before you workout. Then have a recovery drink after...must include protein. I either have a protein shake or endurox or yogurt with granola after the gym or a run. You need to give your body fuel for the workout and something to aid the recovery. I realize this isn't news to you...just felt compelled to write it.

Do you still have our email? Steve did a dive in The Living Seas aquarium at Epcot a couple weeks ago. You guys have dives to discuss!

Rachel

• Mulan
    Mulan
    So far I've lost 22+ pounds in 4 months. I know it isn't a lot, but it's consistently going down.

Wrong! It is a lot. Perfect amount to have lost over 4 months. You are doing an amazing job!

Why, thank you. That is exactly what my Weight Watcher leader said this morning. I was looking over my WW card, and since January 3, when I joined, I have lost something every week. I haven't gained one time. That encouraged me.

She also told me that since I worked in the yard all day yesterday, that all the liquids I drank have likely flooded into my muscles (can't remember why that happens) and I am retaining liquid just for working hard. Probably tomorrow or the next day I will be down a pound or two. I feel like I am eating all the time, and enjoy what I eat...............and I feel good and sleep really good.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Mulan,

Weight Watchers has an excellent and healthy program. 20 lbs or so in 4 months is right on target.

I lost 19.5 lbs on the plan in the same amount of time, but grew tired of all the counting of points, and I don't like having to weigh and measure every bite of food. That is why I went to the Scarsdale. I shop once every two weeks and don't have to measure anything, just stick to the food list and the weight comes off. Since I started cooking the Scarsdale, my husband has lost weight too, and he didn't even know he was on a diet. lol

You have more fortitude than I for sticking with the WW plan, and it is a good one. Congrats on your weight loss!

J

• Mulan
    Mulan

I am doing the Core Plan...............no counting points. There is an approved food list and you eat anything from that list. It's almost everything you would want.

If you do want something not on the list, you have 35 points a week to play with. And no measuring or counting. If I want to eat an 8 oz steak, I can..................and I do. I've gotten several at my WW meeting to switch to Core, just by my comments.

• Carmel
    Carmel

I'm on the "see food" diet. It shows!

carmel

• Mac
    Mac

If overweight were made illegal...

only criminals would own weight...

mac, you can take this cheeseburger from my hand when you pry it from my cold dead fingers!

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

you can take this cheeseburger from my hand when you pry it from my cold dead fingers!

LOL... What if the cheeseburger is what causes you to *have* cold dead fingers?

Jean

(btw, Mulan... so far, down 9.5 lbs. since 4/23 :) How you doin?)

• Mulan
    Mulan
    (btw, Mulan... so far, down 9.5 lbs. since 4/23 :) How you doin?)

I am down almost 23 pounds since January 3. The first two weeks, I lost 8.5 pounds. Very common to lose a lot at first.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Yeah, you do lose a lot the first week on most diets, then it tapers to about 2.5 - 3.5 lbs a week after that. I've started walking briskly for two miles in the mornings to help me not stall out this time around.

Do you do anything special activity-wise? Any pointers would be appreciated. I've got a good 44 lbs to lose still... <Gag>

J

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit