Comments You Will Not Hear at the 5-1-05 WT Study (Christ's Slaves?)

by blondie 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• heathen
    heathen

Wow with a track record such as the WTBTS holds , they have alot of nerve telling people not to be critical of it . You do have to wonder what goes through their minds while compiling this load of crap . They carry on like they never had anything wrong to begin with and only deserve complete and total blind loyalty . We are to believe all the invisibility doctrine without any evidence but only because they say it's so . I think they focus more on women in these articles because they know that women are more easily manipulated and for some reason take the lead in the the door to door work . I also notice that there isn't one mention of anything that the organization did to help these people that leave their employment and means of support but mostly that they got their rewards by having friends . Jeeeeezzzzzzzzzuuussssssssssss HHHHHHH cahhhhhhhhhhhriissssssstt after knowing the j-dubs I've known that couldn't even motivate me to make a sunday meeting . Them and their high moral standards , gag alert here . The place is run by crooks and sleezy backbiting underhanded trash talking lunatics .

• Shania
    Shania

In response to the red dot------------------I find Blondie is a teacher and one of the smartest people I personal would love to meet. I know Jesus is THE GREAT TEACHER, but Blondie is great herself. I thank her for all her hard work and want her to know all of us here learn so much more from the study she does than any eldoor. I have a foregleam of the future, that Blondie will be known by all for her teaching abilty and what a happify day that will be...........love to all........

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3
    The provision of voluntary servitude provided a foregleam of the type of slavery that true Christians are under. For example, the Bible writers Paul, James, Peter, and Jude identified themselves as slaves of God and of Christ. (Titus 1:1; James 1:1; 2 Peter 1:1; Jude 1)

Here the WTS talks directly out of their ass. The scriptures cited above are (NWT):

(Titus 1:1) Paul, a slave of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ according to the faith of God's chosen ones and the accurate knowledge of the truth which accords with godly devotion

(James 1:1) James, a slave of God and of [the] Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes that are scattered about:. . .

(2 Peter 1:1) Simon Peter, a slave and apostle of Jesus Christ, to those who have obtained a faith, held in equal privilege with ours, by the righteousness of our God and [the] Savior Jesus Christ:

(Jude 1) 1 Jude, a slave of Jesus Christ, but a brother of James, to the called ones who are loved in relationship with God [the] Father and preserved for Jesus Christ:

What about these greetings relates to a "foregleam" of slavery??

And what about forced slavery. Why doesn't the WT acknowledge that any survivors of the Isrealites' ethnic cleansing were forced into slavery?

(Joshua 16:10) And they did not drive away the Ca´naan·ites who were dwelling in Ge´zer, and the Ca´naan·ites continue dwelling in among E´phra·im down to this day and came to be subject to slavish forced labor.

(Judges 1:28) And it came about that Israel grew strong and proceeded to set the Ca´naan·ites to forced labor, and they did not drive them out completely.

(1 Kings 9:20-21) As for all the people remaining over from the Am´or·ites, the Hit´tites, the Per´iz·zites, the Hi´vites and the Jeb´u·sites, who were no part of the sons of Israel, their sons who had been left over after them in the land whom the sons of Israel had been unable to devote to destruction, Sol´o·mon kept levying them for slavish forced labor until this day.

What could that be a foregleam of, I wonder?? Modern JW child baptisms?
  • Flash
    Flash

5 Slaves must obey their master.

Are slaves never allowed to speak-up and voice their opinion...even if the effect of their Masters decisions on them are negitive??? What if individuals don't want to worship God as silent, unquestioning slaves??? Why make anyone slaves at all?!! Slaves to the Law of Love (as I believe God is), yes. Being a volunteer in God's service under His Son is good, but 'slaves,' no.

After teaching our children the best we can, when they reach adulthood, we 'let them go' and allow them to live and function away from us on their own. When they reach a certain age we let them have authority over themselves. We hope they will live within the laws of society, but maybe they won't.

Thanks for your time and effort on this Blondie.

• heathen
    heathen

Being a slave for God is one thing but these people have it so they want obedience to a publishing corporation and their interpretations of which have been proven worthless time and again . The WTBTS is the good for nothing slave that belongs in the place of hypocrites . I think the thing that really got me about them was the UN NGO scandal . I bet they still have a gag order out over that one .

• Pistoff
    Pistoff
    The provision of voluntary servitude provided a foregleam of the type of slavery that true Christians are under.

Wow; that is newspeak if I ever heard it: the "provision of voluntary servitude". Donald Rumsfeld himself would be proud to whitewash the turd of slavery into a "provision of voluntary servitude". That is spin worthy of Washington recognition.

I agree with Satanus; the analogy of slavery is one belonging to ancient societies; it has no modern metaphor, since it comes from a worldview of people as property.

The concept of a volunteer is much more apt; someone who is free, as all christians are, giving of their time and assets.

Really what a revolting study; let's speak again and again of slavery, with all the baggage it has in today's societies, especially the US. The mention of slavery here brings to mind greedy, bigoted, immoral men taking advantage in the worst way.

THANKS blondie; nice dissection.

P

• Flash
    Flash
    I think the thing that really got me about them was the UN NGO scandal . I bet they still have a gag order out over that one .

I was still an apollogist for the Society when this came out...It took awhile for the seriousness of this to sink into my head.

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

4 A slave has been defined as "a person who is the legal property of another or others and is bound to absolute obedience." We become Jehovahs legal property when we dedicate our lives to him and get baptized. "You do not belong to yourselves, for you were bought with a price," explains the apostle Paul. (1 Corinthians 6:19, 20) That price, of course, is Jesus Christs ransom sacrifice, since on that basis God accepts us as his servants, whether we are anointed Christians or we are their companions with an earthly hope. (Ephesians 1:7; 2:13; Revelation 5:9) Thus, from the time of our baptism, "we belong to Jehovah." (Romans 14:8) Since we have been bought with the precious blood of Jesus Christ, we also become his slaves and are under obligation to keep his commandments.?1 Peter 1:18, 19.

Great unlining this week blondie. I have added a few highlights of my own finding that there are many layers of mind controlling conditioning repeated over and over again throughout the WT literature. This week mentioned the word slave and similiar words over and over and over again again. With articles like this it is so obviously clear now how the WT works on gaining mind control over its members--heck they don't even hide it very well, but I didn't see it when I was a part of the Org. It makes me feel very odd now that I was involved with this insanity.

Thanks Blondie, your comments make me grateful I am no longer a slave of this madness.

cybs

• Sirona
    Sirona

Hi Blondie,

Great review.

The point about not looking at the things behind, I wonder if they mean the family one leaves behind when joining the JWs?

The tone of this article is interesting in that it appears to be saying that the JWs must force themselves to attend meetings and force themselves to go out in field service. If you're making yourself do something you don't want to do because the Governing Body says so that is clearly the biggest indicator that JWs are slaves to the organisation, not to God or Christ. (What I mean is, 3 x meetings a week plus knocking on doors is a "command" from the GB not found in the bible).

Sirona

• willyloman
    willyloman
    The overall direction of this article betrays it as one originating from a spirit poisoning cult it has a Godly appearence but is in fact satanic in its deeper nature, foul crap dusted with ... sugar.

That pretty well sums it up.

I just want to add my voice to the chorus: Back in the day, I didn't see this as the psychological manipulation that it clearly is. But once the blinders come off, wow! It's just un-freaking-believable.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit