What are the qualifications to get into Bethel?

by tyler m 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Honesty
    Honesty
    The assumption is that somehow you absorb knowledge just be being there that cannot be gained anywhere else.

I have seen the results of what they absorb and it ain't a purty site, either.

• delilah
    delilah

TylerM, if you've never been inside a bethel, I found it extremely sterile, and boring. The people there seemed like robots and seeing them at their breakfast, reading the daily text, was enough to turn me off. I'd much rather become a buddhist monk, as I think it would be far more interesting than a bethel any day.

Dee

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

ABILTY TO FIGHT THE WAY THROUGH A FEEDING FRENZY ON SUNDAY!!!!

I have heard so often of the disgusting selfishness at London England Bethel at mealtimes I seriously question if the Holy Spirit is operating on the people there.

On one night of the week, instead of serving food at the the tables, there is a self serve buffet. Which is like wolves ripping a carcass to shreds. Elbows shoving kneeing pushing.

A sister I know went to Bethel as a volunteer when they were doing rebuilding work to get the accomodation in line with LAWS (personal toilets etc)

The situation was so disgusting and upsetting that she burst into tears, and after that for 3 weeks bought her own supper outside to eat in her room.

I was disgusted to discover that at London Bethel the knives and forks are measured on the table... God help the guy setting places if they are not at exact distances.... IS THIS WHAT CHRIST CAME TO DO ?????

HB

• Daytona
    Daytona

To qualify for Bethel you have to be someone who puts the Governing Body above God and his Son, on paper at least. On paper, you must either be a pioneer or have a skill they desperately need. You must also have the recommendation of your PO or another qualified upper class ass kisser. A well placed Dad works too.

Daytona

• lawrence
    lawrence

I was recommended for Bethel before my wife decided she was in love with another brother, and had a crackup. Thank God when the CO came back to our congo to discuss my decision for Betel she was drunk, took a fall, and that was the end of dreams of translating manuscripts with the likes of the blind rat bastard Fred Franz. Just think what could have been... NOT!

• tyler m
    tyler m

We have not been in each others lives since he was around age 10 so I don't know him anymore. All I know about his personality is what my siblings tell me and they describe him as being a goody goody and kiss ass. After reading the thread I guess he will fit in perfectly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit