Ever SWORE in a Kingdom Hall ? =)

by GetBusyLiving 26 Replies latest jw friends

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

There was this big thing made out of using substitute words instead of real swearwords and apparently the substitute words are just as bad....well I accidentally dropped some literature on the floor and said rather loudly 'blockocks'....which was rather silly really but this elders wife came upto me with a disgusted look on her face and said 'you shouldnt even use substitute words they are just as bad'....so I asked what she would sooner I say...blockocks or BOLLOCKS...she wasnt impressed but neither was I at that point.

Stuck up witch

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

yep,

I used to catch myself doin it all the time.

I'm amazed I didn't get df'ed earlier. LOL

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

We were out in service and I was driving. The car group was a father/daughter and the other was young single brother . I did not know the people in my car group very well.

We pull up to the house, on the street and I am looking at the front door as someone is standing there. Not watching what I was doing I hit the mailbox. And it leaned over.

The father said, There is someone standing at the door and he looks mad.

I said SHIT, not softly under my breath but blurted out LOUD. Total silence in the whole car.

We propped the mailbox back up and went inside.

I apologized a zillion times the rest of the am, and everyone was cool, but I mostly felt bad for saying it in front of the kid if she was not used to hearing that kind of language.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

woohoo, I made Master member on GBL thread about cussing!!!!!!!!!

purps

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Lordy, when I'm in the right mood, I cuss like a pirate. So sure, lots of times, in quiet conversations with friends at the hall, I'd drop an F-bomb or something similar. I don't think I was ever overheard by anyone else; at least, it was never mentioned to me.

There used to be one brother I really liked, who used to lean close to my ear and whisper incredibly lewd, salacious stuff- and then go on talking, in a normal voice, about how uplifting the meeting had been. Problem was, I was too innocent at that time to fully comprehend what he was talking about much of the time- I was always squinting at him and saying "Huh? Why would you want to spank me?". Oh, the missed opportunities!

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

The first pope was quite a potty mouth... so I hear. Mark 14:71

I'm just sayin

• heatherg
    heatherg

As a teenager at a congregation volleyball game I bent my thumb back trying to get the ball and yelled "God Dammit". So not only did I swear but I was blasphemous too!! I thought it was funny and started laughing, the rest didn't. I was very liberating! hg

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

sphere,

how did we ever live through all that crap?

Dismembered

Cripes!

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I don't think I ever cussed in the KH nor around any JWs, but I came close. My mother on the other hand....

My mother just got her drivers license, and one sister would let my mother drive her car. I remember it clearly. My mother backed into another parked car, then took off. She made a wrong turn and blurted out "Oh shit!" Me and the sister's daughter (who's eyes bugged right out) just looked at each other and smirked.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Probably a myth,

A brother was giving a talk about yet another of God's gentile stone axe massacres, then got so carried away that

"HEBLOODDYSLAUGHTEREDTHEM!!"

Strange how on RTs to certain Christians JWs still say "We slaughterd them."

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit