Ever SWORE in a Kingdom Hall ? =)

by GetBusyLiving 26 Replies latest jw friends

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Ever forgot you were in a Kingdom Hall and just blurted out a curse word? An old buddy of mine was telling me some story about water skiing and I just said "That's so f**king rad". The elders wife standing a few feet away from me looked completely mortified! I turned beet red.

Also another time I was playing badminton with my girlfriend and an elder and his friend saw us and asked to play doubles. I'm a little competitive so when he blew the final shot for the game I yelled "WHAT THE F**K!?". Realizing what I had done, I apologized. He told me that him and his friend were going to go play singles for a while. Ouch.

GBL

• lilbit
    lilbit

I know I cursed plenty while building Kingdom Halls. heard plenty of elders do it too. You try slamming your thumb with a hammer and not cussin

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Funny stories GBL =)...

Never had the (mis)fortune of swearing in a KH but once as a teen j-dub out to supper in a restaurant with my super-dub relatives whom i didn't get to see very often, i dumped hot soup on my lap and jumped about a foot in the air as i shouted " S # ! T ".....the look they gave me! You woulda thought i had suddenly sprouted 2 heads (both with horns)

~Merry

• Purza
    Purza

Well. . . .I haven't had that experience, but I had a friend who swore at a congregation picnic.

She reached into the drink ice chest and she pulled out a raw fish someone was storing in there (must have just caught it) and she screamed out "Awww Sh*t". Dead silence after that. But I think people must have understood how she felt because no one said a word about it. LOL

Purza

• Chia
    Chia

Only in my head. Such as, "What a crock of BS he's talking about!"

• Simon
    Simon

I swore at an attendant at an assembly (I think Ang mentioned it the other day):

Angharad was very pregnant (she gave birth the week after!) and it was stiffling hot because they were too cheap to pay for any ventilation at the indoor stadium. We went for a stroll round the concourse and she took a rest on an empty seat. Almost immediately, 'boy wonder' attendant runs up to tell us that she can't sit their because its reserved ... FOR ATTENDANTS ONLY

Oh my God, what were we thinking !!

I gave him a 'p.. off pal' look and he left us to it.

Now, to go back down we could have chanced traversing the 50+ whatever irregular steps down ... or use the lift.

So we thought we'd use the lift

"Sorry brother" (another bloody attendant). "You are not allowed to use the lift ... it's for attendants only".

I walked passed him and loudly told him to F. Off.

He shutup after that. It was the last assembly we went to I think

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I was walking into the Kingdom hall and I forgot my Bag and I said OH SH*T! Everyone stared at me!

I started to laugh because it was funny. I didn't care!

Brooke

• Honesty
    Honesty

I wish!!

• catchthis
    catchthis

At one point I thought to myself in the KH, "I swear I'm never coming back here again." At least I was able to keep that promise.

Oh! You meant swearing as in foul language swearing? Don't ever remember doing that. I was too good.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Very True Story:

Years ago, Thursday night meeting, just prior to my son's announcement of disfellowshipping, I mentioned that he'd be getting Df'd to one of the "assholes" there. I was torn about the whole thing, (you know being a menstral servant and all bullshit, that's not supposed to happen). You know what asshole said to me, "I knew that was going to happen". I ALMOST KICKED HIM THE BALLS.... I SHOULD HAVE, but instead I screamed at the top of lungs at him. Not sure if I used profanity, I think maybe I might have. You could hear a pin drop. I looked around at everyone, then left. No one ever said a thing to me about it.

So any of the ones here that are vacillating about going to that asinine organizations meetings. I hope this will help you in making your decision. DON'T GO. THEY SUCK

Dismembered

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit