TIME WILL TELL (Did you fake your hours in Field Service?)

by Terry 37 Replies latest jw friends

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    You have made 16 post(s) in the last 1 day(s) out of your limit of 75.
    You can currently post 59 more which will increase in 1 day(s) 2 hour(s) 49 min(s) when your oldest post expires.

Here's my report for the last day.

It's more accurate than any field service report I turned in, and shows much more zeal than ever before.

Sometimes, as a JW, me and another guy would go straight to a restaurant from the service arrangement, and then go out drinking when the bar opened. And we counted our time.

Walter

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

You bet! Just like the rest. I was a menstral servant. I needed 6 to 7 hours to keep the ms stripe, and to keep my fellow taliban off my back. I always managed to make "my time" with hardly ever going out. I used the creative side of me.

Dismembered

"Where's the beef? I don't think there's anyone back there."

• vitty
    vitty

You bet I did. The pioneers taught me !

And why do you think my hubby made MS.

We used to share the 4 hours family study time even though we only ever had about 6 studies in 10 years

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Nah. I was ever the conscientious reporter. You do mean before the unbelief set in, right?

After that, I rarely did half what went into the kitty. I was being untruthful with those who did not deserve truth, treating them as they had treated me for decades and all that rot.

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• luna2
    luna2

LOL on the family bible study stuff, vitty.

I remember once toward the end when I turned in 0 hours, my bookstudy conductor called a pow wow with me and tried to brainstorm on how I should have at least some time to report. He said I could count it as family study and a return visit just talking to my son about something JW related. I told him that the only religious discussions I'd had with him that month were my weekly efforts to force him to come to the Sunday meetings with me. He seemed disappointed that I wouldn't count those arguments as "family study". Please.

Pioneers...ah, yes. Getting up at the break of dawn to place mags in gas station bathrooms and laundromats to get their time started. Doing return visits out in the country ALL day during the week when they knew no one was likely to be home. Not stopping their time when doing little chores out in service, like going to the bank or running into the grocery or drug store. Some didn't even stop their time when they went on breaks. I was told that one CO's wife wouldn't even stop her time when she forced the car group to stop at garage sales while out in service.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

A couple of my very first service reports were faked due to excessive zeal.

I was 13, and thought the right thing to do was using all my free time in school looking for opportunities of "witnessing". So I consistently counted all my free time (even though only a part of it was used in actual conversation with my already too unfortunate fellows). Some time later I realised that was not what I was expected to do and felt very bad for it (as if lying to the Holy Spirit like Ananias and Sapphira, or whatever). And I never faked again -- although I later resorted to the common pioneer tricks of making a first call close to home and then travelling to a distant territory... but we were taught to do so in Pioneer School.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

no didnt deliberately fake but did report potentially and then make up

stopped putting in report at end of year...when checked i said when i was df you wouldnt even take my report even though i was still witnessing so how come its so important now

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

I never really padded my field service hours. I always underestimated my hours since I didn't always count "incidental" or "informal" witnessing all the time; sometimes I would just put 1 hour for one month that I didn't go out but I knew I at least spoke an hour to somebody about the organization who was not a JW so I would count that.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    TIME WILL TELL (Did you fake your hours in Field Service?)

Of course I did! There is no other way I could possibly keep up with all of the quotas.

Even with so many people lying on their time-sheets the WTS is showing decreases across the board. Makes one wonder just how bad things REALLY are.

• freedom96
    freedom96

I always rounded up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit