Wonder how the new social security proposal could affect you?

by blondie 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

DaCheech:

All Social programs are wrong and should be scrapped. The government should have no role in retirement, healthcare or education. All of these things should be 100% private enterprise. It is not my responsibility to take care of your mother and it is not your responsibility to take care of my mother.

It is a shame that the Republicans are not dismantling Social Security. If they were I would switch parties and become a Republican in a heartbeat. Republicans believe the same baloney as Democrats. They both mistakenly think that the purpose of government is to help people do what they cannot do themselves. The only difference between the two parties is how much taxpayer money is given to whom.

The only proper function of government is to provide a military, courts and police. Anything else is wrong no matter how good or noble the objective.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Ah a libertarian.

Since you can read, I assume you spent at least one year in a public school. Oops.

Do you drive to work on a road? You shouldn't, since you don't believe gov't should do these things.

The internet depends on laws that are enforced; should that be privatized too?

You are living in a dreamland that has been built on the foundations that *gasp* government built.

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

Pistoff:

It took many years to build the state and it will take many years to dismantle it. Most people are very happy to let the government provide for them from cradle to grave so it will be tough sledding. Utopia is not an option but if people do not know there is another way to govern, things will never move in my direction.

I am not aware of laws regarding the internet. I thought this was the closest thing to the wild west in the 21st century.

I went to government schools because at the time I did not not know anything else. Now I do everything I can to promote private schools.

If a person uses roads he should pay for them by gas and automobile taxes.

I accept the government set up by Jefferson and Madison. The government set up by Roosevelt and Johnson I do not accept.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit