Wonder how the new social security proposal could affect you?

by blondie 42 Replies latest jw friends

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Nobody has answered my questions?

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

Well thank the Almighty Jehover that the New System ® will be here before I ever retire!

Arm-a-getting-it © ...the God-of-War's infamous retirement plan

***WTF is up with my posts getting reformated when I cut and paste from MS Word?***

• blondie
    blondie

I notice that there are 2 comments at the bottom, off-topic and lannguage flags, hmmmm.

I love your Armagetting; showed it to Irrev and he laughed out loud. That's a 5 on a one to 5 scale.

I have to put my review through Notepad to get it to post from Word.

Have a good weekend.

Love, Blondie

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

I notice that there are 2 comments at the bottom, off-topic and lannguage flags, hmmmm.

Blondie

I put those in there, gotta keep up that bad boy image

• jula71
    jula71

OK, I'll bite?..

What happens to people living 75+ years? How much (negative) money will they have?

The SS program is designed to be a retirement supplement, not the only means of retirement. Also if they're that worried about, don't do. The private accounts will be voluntary.

What happens to mentally uncapable people? (people who are just not capable of thinking of money future?)

OK, again, the SS system is set up to be a retirement supplement not a welfare safety net. There are plenty of other social programs for that purpose. Also they don't have to have a private account, it's voluntary; they can stay with a classic SS format.

My 401k plan seems to linger in nadaland, when the financial people promised the world?

Have you tried moving it to a different fund? I keep an eye on my 401k and my IRA, if something starts falling, I move it. Also, again, if your that worried, don't opt for a private account, it's voluntary.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech
    Also, again, if your that worried, don't opt for a private account, it's voluntary.

There really are people out there who have no clue, and we will wind up with a society full of welfare receipiants. The gap between the rich

and the poor is getting wider. This plan will make it get wider faster (low income people making less than $8/hour). America needs to get a heart,

and think of the poor!

I am not poor. I own my own business, live in a well manicured house....... but I feel for those who cannot even pay for their credit card bills (most of which are for medical bills (US fact)), mind you to save money on 401k's and private accounts!

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

DaCheech:

To hell with the poor, the middle class and the rich who think they are entitled to checks from the government.

The only proper function of government is to protect citizens from force or fraud. Outside of the military for national protection and a police and court system for internal protection the government should butt out of everything, especially education, healthcare and retirement.

If people do not provide for themselves, tough sh....

• jula71
    jula71
    To hell with the poor, the middle class and the rich who think they are entitled to checks from the government.

Sorry, but wrong. That's why I want to new SS format. It's not checks for the Government; it's your own money. That's the beauty of it.

And,

There really are people out there who have no clue, and we will wind up with a society full of welfare receipiants. The gap between the rich
    and the poor is getting wider. This plan will make it get wider faster (low income people making less than $8/hour). America needs to get a heart,

It's not a welfare program. It's a retirement supplement. Please stop trying to combine the two. That's why the system is messed up in the first place.

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

jula71:

When people start receiving Social Security checks they get back every penny they have paid in with interest in about three years. Every check after that is welfare. Social Security is a Ponzi scheme. If a private citizen tried to set up a similar system he would be sent to prison for fraud. The Democrats and Republicans have been defrauding the American people since 1935.

• jula71
    jula71

Thank you.....that's my whole point!!!!! And those that put in more....will never see it again......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit