Does God have a Dimmer switch?

by annalice 11 Replies latest jw friends

• annalice
    annalice

One thing that never made sense to me when I was a JW. Why is God always making the light brighter? Is it on some type of dimmer switch? Can HE only turn the the ligth on real slowly? When his chosen people finally appeared at the turn of the century why didn't they just get the info given to them all at once? Why is that stupid light getting brighter and brighter? When will it be fully turned on? This is something that I would really like to know?

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

We evolved from apes.

GBL

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

A dimmer switch is nothing compared to the "new light" of the JWs. It's more like a strobe light. It helps the JWs to remain spiritually disoriented.

Walter

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

WELL, YOU HAVE TO ADMIT, JW'S HAVE HAD A LOT OF 'BRIGHT IDEAS' OVER THR YEARS!

OUTASERVICE

• Mary
    Mary
    GBL said: We evolved from apes.

Are you talking about humans, or this religion?

Actually, the scripture that they use about the "light gets brighter and brighter until the day is firmly established", has absolutely NOTHING to do with interpreting scriptures. It's simply describing the difference between the life of someone wicked and someone who is righteous, as described below.....althought I think verse 19 describes the Governing Body pretty accurately.

*** Rbi8 Proverbs 4:14-19 ***

Into the path of the wicked ones do not enter, and do not walk straight on into the way of the bad ones. 15 Shun it, do not pass along by it; turn aside from it, and pass along. 16 For they do not sleep unless they do badness, and their sleep has been snatched away unless they cause someone to stumble. 17 For they have fed themselves with the bread of wickedness, and the wine of acts of violence is what they drink. 18 But the path of the righteous ones is like the bright light that is getting lighter and lighter until the day is firmly established. 19 The way of the wicked ones is like the gloom; they have not known at what they keep stumbling.

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

I don't know for sure, but maybe it's kinda like the carrot and the stick thing. ( sarcasm )

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Yes, the light of the Watchtower Society is on low beam, very nigh the point of being extinguished.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

annalice, you hit the nail on the head with your questions. if god is omnimax in abilities, then it is next to inconceivable why he would go about giving info to his subjects in such a pussyfooting sort of way. he would indeed have given us all the info correctly, once, in an undeniable manner that it came from him, and then continually reafirm that the original info is correct. now that would be awesome! can you imagine how many people would be believers and "saved" as a result? skeptics, scientists, hindu's etc etc. but the assumtions that the JW's have about why the light keeps getting brighter, sounds more and more like men just making stuff up as they go along. i put all theism in this box, but perhaps that is not fair. the JW's for sure though.

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

There's no dimmer switch. God has "The Clapper".

• rebel8
    rebel8

Yes, he does have The Clapper (LOL)!

He has been directly leading the dubs since at least the 1800s when they began claiming He was.

He told them to say the world was coming in 1914 1925 1975 2000 and then clapped on to let them know He was lying all along. Clap on! I was just kidding! The world is not ending soon. Go to college, buy houses, get married, have kids, and stop telling the whole world they're gonna die tomorrow.

He told them it is evil to participate in actual or alternative military service and vote, and sat back while all those people were killed for adhering to that rule. Then he clapped on to let them know he was lying all along. Clap on! I was just kidding about that rule! Comply with the law and avoid execution.

He told them it is evil to accept vaccinations or blood in any form even if it meant death or other serious health consequences, and sat back while all those people were killed for adhering to that rule. Then he clapped on to let them know he was lying all along. Clap on! I was just kidding about that rule! Go ahead and get reasonable medical care and save yourself.

Of course, when other religions change their rules, it is evil, and they're just doing it to attract more members...but not the dubs!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit