ARE YOU A COLLECTOR? OF WHATEVER??

by orangefatcat 43 Replies latest jw friends

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

So does anyone like to collect things, such as stamps, or figurines, cards, pottery or whatever? I am a person who is a little pack RAT, and I must admitt I have some cool collections, such as a my 1920 Royal Doulton minature Toby's and Waterford Crystal Wine glassses. I have alot of pottery and earthenware that I also enjoy. I love going to garage sales, bazzars, and rummage sales.

Second hand stores are also my passion. I have found so many interesting things some worth alot of money. I collect stamps and coins and old papers for my scrap books.

Do any of you have more junk than will fit in your home or are you like me a small apartment with all my collectable crammed into any empty space.

Do tell,

Love Orangefatcat

• delilah
    delilah

Hi Orange..My hubby and I love doing yard sales and antique markets. He loves collecting antique photos, especially ones from our area. He also likes to find old bottles and jugs, that kind of thing. It started out as a way to work thru his withdrawals when he first quit smoking, and quickly turned into a hobby. My thing is old linens, and silverware.....can't get enough of them. So glad the warmer weather is near........got my car ready to go.....Happy hunting..

Dee

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I guess I'm a collecter. I'm up to 6 computers now. I'm running out of room on and under my desk.

Walter

• Been there
    Been there

Dust

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Betty Boop stuff... :)

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

i collect computer viruses and store them on my little linux cluster. sometimes i go back and look at them, but i mostly just name them and file them away. someday, when computers have become way more ubiquitous, and these viruses mean nothing, they may be worth something.

• love11
    love11

Books and Art

• hubert
    hubert

My wife and I go to yard sales on the weekend, at least twice a month. We try not to collect a lot of stuff, because the house is small. I usually look for one or two items that I already have in mind. Maybe a shop tool, or garden tool.

We are always looking for deals for the granddaughter. I got her a bike last year, for $2.00 at a Catholic bazaar. It was in almost perfect condition. How can you beat that?

Also a scooter, for 8 bucks at a Salvation army. It had a bolt missing, so I fixed it, and it's good as new. She loves it. No, not my wife, the granddaughter !! LOL !!

Buy all my work shirts there, too.

Hubert

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

SOMEONE STOLD MY BIKE AND SCOOTER. IF ANYONE FINDS IT, LET ME KNOW.

THANKS,

OUTASERVICE

• JAVA
    JAVA

I collect antique coffee mills (grinders). I have over 60 different mills, and one is over 250-years old. Most in my collection are called post or side mills, and they're between 100 to 150-years old. I display them on one wall of the salon, and some on the wall leading to the salon. I've researched their history, and enjoy showing. It keeps me out of the Kingdom Halls. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit