Did You Have A Lot of "Friends" In The Organization?

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Were you associated with regularly? Did you have many friends? Were you the life of the party?

• upside/down
    upside/down

I thought I did till the poop hit the fan.... and they all scattered.

20 years.... what a waste! I think I'll go drink myself into a better mood....

u/d

• minimus
    minimus

Well, most of my "friends" were fellow drinkers, too. Here's to ya!

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I did and then I didn't.

They were not real. Spineless Backstabbing bitches. Wow they would have gotten along great on my mothers side of the family.

Well anyway Nancy Drake was the only true one with feelings and compassion.

I am making new friends!

Brooke

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Hundreds. I was fairly well known.
    Two actually phoned to find out the score firsthand - to their credit.
    They never called again, however...

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

In the beginning I had a pretty good social life. Not too many friends but enough. Then it all fell apart! First, my big mouth saying something not politically correct truthwise and then criticism over my clothing. Then my eyes were opened from that point onward. I lost my innocence so to speak. It was downhill all the way...and that was before I found out about screwy doctrines!

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I gave up all my friends in 1983 when I became a JW. Had none at all for the next 20 years.

Walter

• upside/down
    upside/down
    I gave up all my friends in 1983 when I became a JW. Had none at all for the next 20 years.

I did the same!

u/d

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

I used to have a few, but I never really trusted them enough to think of them as real friends. I avoided making any more friends after these either wrote me off or moved away. I could tell the JWs weren't really my type of people.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

this is a good question.

i had one or two close friends that i considered to be comrades of sorts, above religion or worldview. not so. i had hundreds of aquaintances, but as i went through my 20's, i became less and less social as i found fewer and fewer people that i respected. so no, i did not have a lot of friends. but such is life in my opinion. most people. from what i can gather, only go through life with a few close friends, one of which is often their mate. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit