Did You Have A Lot of "Friends" In The Organization?

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

No, because they were never "real" friends.

• ACEofCAD
    ACEofCAD

No, I did not have A LOT freinds, fiends maybe, but not friends. Growing up in the Borg, many of the young ones ignored me. Now that we all a little older the only difference is that they are now ignoring me as married couples.

I can say that I only had 2 true friends. One moved away and the other got df and married. I thought that I was doing the right thing by shunning him. I feel so bad. One of the people that didn't ignore me that treated me like a human and I shunned him the second he was df. However, since January I have contacted him and we have been catching up on lost time (4 years or so).

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

No. No one wanted to get together with me until I was baptized.

I also never felt that 'just the women' who I spoke to would ever get together and go out as a group, without their husbands.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Well there was a group of us that were friendly and hung out on a regular basis, either playing video games, manhunt or watching movies. The group slowly fell apart one by one, I think I was the third or fourth one to go. I'd say the group was about 10 people large at it's biggest, then again when I left I doubt highly I was missed, so I guess the "real" friends saying is true. While I was in the group though I thought they were my friends.

• Honesty
    Honesty

No. I had a lot of acquaintances in the cult.

I have a lot of close friends now.

• Quentin
    Quentin

One good friend. He bangs around here now. The rest, just people I knew.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    No, because they were never "real" friends.

What he said....

• Es
    Es

For a while I had a tight knit gtoup of friends that we would go places or have dvd night with coz most of them were elders kids too we would every elder meeting get together and have a video night or something. es

• garybuss
    garybuss

A person who has Jehovah's Witnesses for friends, has no friends.

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

I thought I did until they saw me fading away ... then I had more former friends than I could count.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit