did they ATTEMPT to save you

by tijkmo 17 Replies latest jw friends

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

when you were before a judicial commitee for whatever reason...did they try to get you to see the error of your ways and thus save you from destruction at the big A...or were they just happy to let you die..

i have a theory that goes like this...if you are sorry they think that you are not and df you...if you are not sorry they make an attempt to try and save you because its a kind of feather in their cap..

i was sorry...so sorry i thought i deserved to be df...and said that i expected to be..and they later told me i said i wanted to be df...which i didnt..(i was a mental and emotional wreck on the night of the jc although i tried to portray otherwise)....but even if i had, surely they had some responsibiity to try and 'readjust' me..

anyone feel similarly

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

Not me tij ... I just told 'em what I did and let the gavel fall. But before I was ready to leave I was counseled on a couple of occasions and those elders were very understanding. Helps when you're kinda cute, ya'know

Not to say you're bad lookin', but you are a male.

• lilbit
    lilbit

I was so railroaded at my jc meeting it wansnt funny. (note to self never marry a PO's son) at the time I was so angry I really didnt care

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    did they try to get you to see the error of your ways and thus save you from destruction

Oh yeah... they kept asking... do you understand why this is such an important issue? Do you know why this bothers us?

I was very not sorry. I didn't walk in there crying, and I was really only sorry I got caught. The brothers actually told me that they were bothered by the fact that I wasn't showing any emotion (looking them in the eye as they talked with a VERY straight face). I told them that I had committed a wrong against Jehovah and he already knew my feelings and it was, in the end, his decision.

THey asked me to leave the room so they could counsel / console my mother and then deliberate. They told me to approach Jehovah in prayer and share my feelings with him and if I did, they said it would influence their decision while they prayed. I walked in the other room, looked at the ceiling... said "Disfellowship me!!" and sat down. When they called me back in, they were like well we feel you are truly repentant and we dont want to DF you because you are a good person.... Blah blah blah

So they put me on Reproof. Then they scheduled another time to talk to me about what I had done et cetera. When we went back for that, Mom was still with me...(Good thing too, otherwise I would have told them off) They told me I had a weak mind for wanting to follow others (I didn't bother to point out the irony that they were trying to scare me with disfellowshipping which is essentially seperating you from others- i mean its what essential to being a part of the org...)

But that was really off topic. Feels good to vent

ANd yes- they did try to save me

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

No....I think they were glad I left. I was a major problem for the congregation(very proud)! My comments gave them alot of grief.

Brooke

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

not then and not once in the last 20 years despite the fact they knew exactly where I was for the first 15 of those years

Ultimately they chose between me and the ex-elder/ex-husband

I was the real winner

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

Most of the Elders on my judicial committee genuinely tried to help me. One Elder was overjoyed at the chance to kick me out. He hated that I would publically disagree with him and that many members of the congregation would come to me for help before going to the Elders. He had a huge smile on his face when he told me he could not wait to tell the Circuit Overseer I was disfellowshipped.

• Honesty
    Honesty

They tried to save me when I severed my ties with the WTBTS and disfellowshipped the Governing Body by telling me that it had to be Joe Hoba's organisation... look at all the increases ( only increase I could see was the stranglehold on the R&F) and asking me if I had talked to the liars at Bethel.

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

About a year after I was disfellowshipped for the last time two Elders who had been very good friends of mine stopped by to ask if I wanted to get re-instated. They looked very surprised when I said, "no thank you, I am doing fine."

• greendawn
    greendawn

I had the same experience as whyamihere, I was too much of an independant thinker for their liking, and they basically asked me finally if I wanted to continue to be known as a JW, I said no and they said can you give us a letter of disassociation which I did a week later and never went back.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit