did they ATTEMPT to save you

by tijkmo 17 Replies latest jw friends

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

My first two JC meetings, I was truly repentant, answered all their detailed, perverted questions, cried real tears and was privately reproved both times.

The last one, I didn't care anymore. I was sorry about hurting my husband and my family, but I needed a break from everything. I showed no emotion, answered only the basic questions and essentially forced their hand. I spent more time having a breakdown in the car after they df'd me than I did in the actual meeting. No scriptures were read. Never heard from any of them again.

I have my 7 year dfing anniversary coming up in May - woohoo!!

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

I guess my answer is dependant on who "they" refers to:

They-the-Elders did little to attempt to save me as I recall...asked to meet w/ me after a car accident and seperation from my husband (I had been "faded" for several years). Said there were some nasty local rumours about me, were they true? Answer: I felt that was none of their business (they looked quite surprised and red in the face). Then asked if I still considered myself a JW? No. Requested a letter of disassociation. Agreed. Instead sent letter explaining why I would not disassociate myself (love of family). Never heard from them again. Found out from my mother, I think, that they DFed me.

They-my-former-family-and-friends did make small, cautious, sweet but sad attempts to save me...for which I thank them. It is good to know you are loved even if that love has been totally warped by the WTS. I guess. I chose to save myself and I hope that one day they will too. I'll be here to help them in any way I can...

Good thread, tij !

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

They pretended to care but in the end didn't.

Not much hope when your parents are no longer witnesses and you ex's family are all in good standing in the congregation.

They said I wasn't sorry, and df'ed me.

God I had a bloddy nervous breakdown, how much more evidence did they need.

They'd made the decision even before they saw mw the first time.

When they told me there decision, boy did I let them have it.

Bunch of self righteous pigs, they coulden't wait to get out of my place.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Yes they did attempt to save me. They actually would've had I followed thru with thier wishes to come back to the hall on a regular basis and quit seeing my girlfriend. I was so distraught with the guilt, however, that I just took myself out regardless, I just vanished. I actually turned myself in so as to be turned over to Satan, I didn't feel they were making the right decision and deemed any leniency they were showing me as a mistake on their part. I left but never looked back.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

by the time i left, they did not care about me at all, and did not even try to meet with me or even find out from my wife what the hell i was thinking.

one elder asked her: "has he read vol.3 in Study In the Scriptures?". like he could understand if i had doubts after reading about the pyramidology of the original apostate that started the cult. i think she told him no, and that was it!

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

They couldn't get rid of me fast enough ... especially after I threatened legal action. - Jim W.

• zaphod
    zaphod

when my brother went up before the elders they were very sympathetic

no matter what you have done, if you are truly repentant jehovah will forgive you

i'm in love with some one

we can work something out

they're not a witness

it's not insurmountable

it's another man

"silence"

i'll get me coat

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

No attempts to save me. I'm sure they were glad to be rid of me.

Walter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit