just found out....

by donald 23 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I argued at the time of sale of our old hall that we were hypocrites to sell it to BtG. But no one saw the argument as of significance.

The organization also buys religious building from time to time and convert them. There is an assembly hall in Indianapolis that was a church. It was amazing to me how many witnesses raved about the architecture and style of that building. Could it be that they miss actually having buildings with personality and character? Maybe they miss that in an organization too?

Jeff

• Mary
    Mary
    but the holy Watchtower Society can sell buildings to organizations which will use it to practice "false religion" and mislead millions into destruction at the big "A".

Excellent point! In that case, wouldn't Jehovah hold them partially responsible for all these poor souls losing their lives at Armagettin?

• lawrence
    lawrence

Mary-

The G.B. has been washed free from blood, so anything goes. It's the rest of the R & F who need to get cleansing blood elsewhere - killing themselves for the cult. Let us sing, "from house to house... " Yech!

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    sold the old hall...with all its acrege...to the local catholic church

They have alot of overdue book fines to pay at the UN library. And don't forget those damn membership dues!

• rebel8
    rebel8

TY for posting that, Don. I think that's important news.

My local newspaper posts public notices of all real estate transactions; does yours? Please consider sending me a scan of the notice of sale in your local newspaper so I can post it on my web site as evidence of WTS having dealings with "Babylon" (or other documentation of the sale). My email address is listed in my profile. Thanks

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

this issue came up at my old hall..

the elder giving the talk about the sale of the hall said " this is just a building..its not a holy place"

i remember thinking..gee i dont wanna worship god in an unholy place! I thought it was " gods house"?

our old hall back in the 70s was sold to a pentacostal church. they ended up renovating the newer hall instead of selling cuz everyone pitched a fit. (it had just been totally paid off and no one wanted to take on a new mortgage.. but they ended up getting a 70K mortgage to renovate anyway)

• delilah
    delilah

Mary, didn't our old KH get sold to the Sally Anne???? I believe it did, and now it's been turned into a home.

Dee

• blondie
    blondie
    proper to buy church for use as Kingdom Hall or sell former hall for use as church?: km 7/69 4

Does anyone have access to this KM?

Blondie

• greendawn
    greendawn

Once more we see they live in their own world they apply to themselves a different set of rules than the R & F who are too lowly to come under these much lighter and easier laws.

It's a shame that no GB member ever needed a blood transfusion.

• blondie
    blondie

I know of KHs sold to Muslims, Baptists, Methodists, Lutherans.

I know of KHs that were once churches.

I can't see why they can give their money to BTG, or accept money from BTG, but you, the individual cannot.

So if any oldtimer has that KM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit