just found out....

by donald 23 Replies latest jw friends

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Years prior to becoming a JWs my grandparents were special pioneers . After establishing a new congregation and kingdom hall in Willowdale Toronto,

Then they were sent by the Society to establish congregations and Kingdom Halls in Port Perry and Lindsay Ontario. Well they had a small cong. but they had no KH, so they would rent out the Legion for their meetings. My grandpa was the overseer then and he had a small podium and table where they spoke to the congregation. However in between him and the podium were two flags the Canadian Flag and the Union Jack. Now that is going back a few years. eh?

Eventually they did get a Kingdom hall and a good size congregation, then my grandparents were sent to Nova Scotia to establish new congreations with Kingdom Halls. Like Springhill, Sheet Harbour, Fairview in Halifax and Dartmouth. They lived in the Kingdom Halll basement in Fairview. My grandparents especially my grandma were truly devoted to God's service, they directed hundreds to the organization, but alas grandpa spoke with a fork tongue with such eloquence. He was a pathalogical liar. Very Sad indeed. And to beat all that he was a representative for the Society. I could n't figure out how he got away with things for years and years. I recall him taking me to the old Toronto Bethel on Bridgeland and there he introduced me to Percy Chapman who was sweeping the floors. My grandfather said he was the Branch Overseer for the Canadian Branch of JWs. From the things I have learned on JWD I have my doubts that he was still the Branch Overseer because of his indiscretions with his so-called boys club.

It was an excellent point that was made on this post that the Society sells property or Halls to churches and yet they full well know that they are bloodguilty. Have they no Shame.? When the Master returns and finds the reproach they have heaped upon the name of God? I can see the WatchTower come tumbling down.

I just can't fathom why the brothers and sisters can't see this for themselves. Its as if they wear blinders over their eyes. Or so brainwashed.

God have mercy on those who have failed to see the hypocrisy of the Governing Body.

Orangefatcat

• eby
    eby

For Blondie,

Is it all right to buy a church building for use as a Kingdom Hall or, when a new Kingdom Hall is built, to sell the former hall for use as a church?

This is a matter for the brothers locally to decide. There does not appear to be any direct Scriptural objection to doing so. It is not a matter of cooperating in a religious way with representatives of false religion, but is simply a business transaction. It is a one-time real estate deal.

Of course, if some in the congregation are bothered in conscience because of such buying or selling, then this can be taken into consideration so as not to stumble anyone.

Renting a Kingdom Hall from a religious organization, however, requires close, constant relationship with representatives of false religion. There is a month-to-month contact in paying the rent and in the discussions regarding repairs and upkeep. Also, renting from a false religious organization might indicate to onlookers that there is not the distinct difference between the truth and false religion that we claim there is. It is best to avoid such rental arrangements.

It is up to the brothers locally to decide if they should rent a pool from a false religious organization on a one-time basis for an assembly baptism. The same is true of renting an auditorium for an assembly. It is best to make other arrangements, if possible.

Question Box KM 7/69 4

Oldtimer, Eby

• love11
    love11
    Of course, if some in the congregation are bothered in conscience because of such buying or selling, then this can be taken into consideration so as not to stumble anyone.

Ya right. Even if they held a vote in the congregation, no one would dare to raise their hand.

Is it ok to buy a church for the kh to hold services there?

If not, then why are they using "Babylon the Great's" money to make a profit on their property. Double standard.

I guess whatever is convenient at the moment.

• donald
    donald

I just can't fathom why the brothers and sisters can't see this for themselves. Its as if they wear blinders over their eyes. Or so brainwashed.

they are brainwashed....they NEVER think for themselves....donald

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit